Chapter 5

Continuation of Flashback (4 years ago):

Sairah's POV:

It's been a little over two months since school started. A lot of things have happened. Like A LOT. 

For starter's, Ahmed keeps getting on my nerves. It's like he's asking to get slapped. GOD he's so frustrating. And to top it off he just smirks every time I yell at him. Like last week in Psychology he purposely kept pestering me. I really wish I could just slap his dumb smirk off his face. 

Last week in psychology:

"Ahmed stop being the immature little brat like you usually are and move out of the way!" Sairah whined. Her face was reddened with annoyance and this wasn't the first time. 

"Ouch! I thought you said you don't hurt people's feelings on purpose." Ahmed clutched his hand over his hard while jutting his lip. He got a rise out of messing with Sairah since she was so easy to annoy,

"Nope, let me clarify" she stepped forward and placed her hands on her hips. "I said I don't hurt people I CARE about on purpose!" She said through gritted teeth. "You on the other hand- I will gladly pop the bubble that's your fragile ego". She leaned back and began to walk away. 

Ahmed threw an eraser at her. And almost immediately regretted doing so based on Sairah's rage. "Oops." He scratched the back of his neck shrugging.

"You little-- breathe Sairah breathe!" At this point Sairah was attempting to do some of those breathing exercises where you feel peaceful afterwards. Like meditation. Only she didn't know how to. "Ya Allah I'm sorry if I lose my patience to this --creature" Ahmed began to snicker at Sairah's lack of swearing. "I guess somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Ahmed leaned in his chair popping M&Ms in his mouth. Before Sairah could retaliate further Ms. Criscoe came by.

"How are you two doing?" Criscoe leaned over the desk to see the poster Ahmed and Sairah were supposed to be working on. She raised her eyebrows with curiosity and annoyance, "The title is all you've done in the past 30 minutes". She turned to Sairah as if it were her fault. "Well?"

Sairah gulped. "Ms. Criscoe it's not my fault-"

"Enough. You can both work on it during lunch next week if you want to even receive a grade. I'll be in the teacher's lounge but I'll leave the room unlocked."

"I really don't see the need for this-" Sairah tried to argue.

"Ms. Bukhari if you continue arguing then the offer won't be on the table. Now you and Mr. Badri can either show  up during lunch next Wednesday or get a "0"," and with that Criscoe walked to the next table.

"Ooh isn't it totally amazing that both of our last names start with a 'B'!" Ahmed lifted both of his brows and his face shone with amusement.

"Please I don't need to be reminded what a shame you are to anyone with a last name that starts with a 'B'". Sairah mimicked the way Ahmed said 'B'.

"HAHA I so don't regret sitting with you two" Nina clutched her stomach with both of her hands laughing.

"Literally it's like every day you guys find new things to argue about?" Marco said shaking his head. "I'm glad Nina is so chill and amazing." He gave Nina a small smile and Nina blushed a little.

"Well, thanks to this buffoon, who ruins everything we get to stay after class" Sairah replied while massaging her temples. 

"Did you just call me a baboon?" Ahmed asked confused. He ran his fingers through his soft brown hair. "And aww is someone excited we get to spend lunch together?" He said smirking.