Something to Believe In-Tratie

Newsies vibes anyone? I'm a Broadway nerd so, there's that. Hope you like it!

Katie loves musicals. She lived for them. She'd buy playbills using the Big House computer. And Rachel. 

When she found out Newsies had that one time only special show for fans back in 2017, she stayed in line for hours and was the second to last person to buy a ticket. She was in the perfect seat. She was captivated, and mouthed along and smiling.

As she had waited for Argus to come pick her up, humming Carrying the Banner under her breath.

"Nice show wasn't it?" A voice said next to her.

She whipped around and saw Travis Stoll. "You watched Newsies?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope." He said. "Shopping for Chiron." He held up a bag.

"Ok." Katie shrugged.

Argus drove them back to camp.

And three years later in 2020, Katie was alone in the Demeter cabin. She had just gotten a monster proof phone from the Hephaestus kids, and was listening to Newsies on YouTube. She danced and sang and was almost as happy as she had been three years ago. 

Then Something to Believe In came on and Katie swayed along to the music, smiling widely as she twirled in tune.

Then she tripped and fell flat on her back. Cue the laughter.

She sat up, everything was spinning. She laid back down, groaning.

Travis's blurry face went over her's. "Katie are you ok? I didn't mean to hurt you."

Katie just groaned. "Here's some ambrosia." Travis fished a square out of his pocket and broke it in half, and gave some to her.

She gently put it in her mouth and chewed, delighted at the taste of strawberries. She sat up, what was probably a concussion was gone. She stood up and faced Travis. She glared at him, then turned away.

Then, as quick as lightning, she whipped around and punched him in the jaw.

He stumbled back, and caught himself on a bedpost.

Then he tripped on the tripwire he set up.

 Katie smiled evilly. "I'd say we were even." She said as Travis stood up.

"You're too good Katie Kat. If I wasn't dizzy right now oh we'd be more even."

The words made Katie feel giggly, which was ridiculous, because Travis was the guy who made all the girls besides Katie feel like this.

"If I hadn't just watched the best moment of our rivalry, I'd have slapped you." She retorted, though the word rivalry didn't seem fitting in the situation.

Travis stood up fully, and raised his arms halfway, teasingly. "Well then give me your best shot." He smirked.

Katie surged forward, expecting herself to slap him.

Travis apparently did too, because he flinched.

But then Katie grabbed his jaw, and kissed him. Travis tensed, still thinking Katie was going to slap him, but then realized what was happening, but Katie has pulled away.

She stood back, and Travis moved to kiss her again, but she turned away. He stepped back too. Then Katie slapped him.

"Aw evenness. It's amazing." She smiled cruelly as Travis gripped hissed cheek.

"You're something else Katie Kat." He said, when he removed his hand, revealing a bright red cheek.

He kissed her again. "Evenness is amazing."

Katie agreed.