Chapter 8

I have put my phone on the charger and i run to get under the bed covers. I am excited and curious. How are we << going to sleep together>> ? Where is Kate?

"Are you in bed?" he asks me.

"Yes, the cable is pretty long."

"Good." he says and he stays silent. The only thing i hear is our synchronized breaths. What now? Do i ask him anything? Will he ask me anything? What should i ask him?

"Where is your wife?" i just can't get over the fact that he is married. It wounds me, and brings out a whole other me.

"Out... Partying." he sighs.

"What about?"

"My surprise. Thank you for mentioning it to be btw. Oh, and by the way, that means by the way." he jokes.

"Yes i know. And, don't mention it." i frown. I want to ask him what he surprised her with but that is none of my business. Oh how i envy her.

"I want to know you better." he whispers shyly.

"Why? What's the point..." i sigh, the sadness in my voice pretty clear.

"Do you always have to have a point?" he says serious.

"Yes. Otherwise why doing it?"

"Because it feels good." i can sense him grinning.

"It may feels good, but it's not."

"Oh for God's sake!" he shouts and i bet he is rolling his eyes, angry.

"You are from England. Where from, exactly?"

"Liverpool." he says all sexy-british-accent-100%-fuckable.

I swallow hard, it almost hurt. "Oh."

"You said my British accent is hot?"

"I did."

"Are you turned on now?" he breaths. Oh my.. What to say to this? That i wished he was here to take my on my bed? That i am so wet down there that i might take a shower after?

"Yes."

"I hate it when your answers are so short.." he stops, sighs and then continues ".. I wish you were here."

"And i wish you were here..." i say back without even thinking it.

He takes a sharp breath. "That is pleasing to hear."

I nod in the darkness of my room, feeling like he can sense me from across the line. And i believe he does, so he doesn't say anything and we are silent again.

"Where are you from?" he finally speaks.

"U.S. Queens."

"I've heard the worst,"

"Everything you heard is probably truth." i giggle and he joins me in a second.

"It's late. Let's sleep." he orders after we stop giggling. "Don't hang up."

"Good night Mr. Davis. Sweet dreams." i smile like an idiot.

"Good night Miss Conor. Sweet, sweet dreams.'

After that, complete silence. Nothing than breathing and occasionally sighing.

I can't help but wonder how can he do such a wonderful and romantic thing, such as sleeping with me over the phone and then, do something horrific and bad and wrong like getting it on with me, having magnificent sex with me, while he is married?

I like him,i really do. He is sexy, muscular, British, kind when he wants to, thoughtful, romantic again when he wants to, but he is married. He said i do to another woman. Exchange vows with her.

What am i doing? Why am i destroying this woman's marriage? Even if i have realize all those things, why don't i run away?

"Are you asleep?" i hear him whispering and i don't answer. I just can't form a sentence. I can't get any kind of noise out of my mouth. "My sleeping beauty.." he whispers again.

I wake up very rested. I don't even remember when i fell asleep. My head is fuzzy. The sun is flickering outside my window drapes.

I turn my head to my right to find my phone resting on my pillow, sleeping with me. Oh! Timothy!

"Goodmorning?" my hesitation turns my sentence in a question.

"Goodmorning." he says and my heart skips a bit.

I press the volume buttons and the phone screen illuminates. The meter has counted for now 10:36:23 hours... I process this for a little while.. Then it hits me.

"Shit!" i shout and get of the bed. I hold the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"What is it?" he shouts back worried.

"I am late! Sorry! I will be there as---"

"Jesus Katarina!" he interrupts me sounding irritated. "You got me scared! I almost shit my pants!' he jokes. Oh.. Playful Timothy? While i am late? My mouth drops to the floor.

"Eh?"

"Don't worry. Eat breakfast. The company isn't going anywere." the sound of the city makes it difficult for me to hear him.

"Where are you?" i ask him and i regret it in an instant. Who am i to ask him something like that?

"Doing bussiness." i can sense him smiling. "I have you on hands free."

Oh... So he.. Carried me with him? That is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me.

"And you just listened to me sleeping?"

"It was intreating. You talk in your sleep."

Shit!Fuck! Shit shit fucking shit!

"What did i say?"

"Eat breakfast Katarina. Can you make it to work in two hours?" he says calmly. Wow, that is plenty of time...

"Yes, of course." i answer smilling.

"I am looking forward to see you... Bye."

"Always so eager Mr.Davis." i giggle. He laughs too and hangs up.

I get out of my room, glowing like the sun.