Chapter 18

I open my eyes and i feel the most rested i have felt in my entire life. A clean body and clean sheets are a good combination. I smile in the memory that i slept in his house. But that doesn't last long. It's Kate's house too..

I sigh and get up in order to get dressed. I feel my bare feet sinking in the fluffy purple carpet. Oh this feeling reminds me of when i was younger and we could actually afford a carpet. My thoughts are interrupted by three knocks on my door. What, the have cameras in here too so he saw when i woke up?

"Yes..?" i say to the door. I would have said come in but he locked me didn't he? Argh!

To my surprise the door flys open and a shy man is standing there locking at his feet. He looks Asian and old. "Yes?" i ask him again. He shoots his eyes up at me and he looks like a puppy. His eyes look old too. Like they have seen a lot of things.

"Hello Miss. My name is Hiyotee. Mr. Davis gave the an order to give you breakfast." he says with his Asian accent. Is it me or he doesn't know good English?

"Thank you Hiyotee.. " weird name, "..but i will not eat breakfast here. I will dress up and go to the office."

He nods and smiles as he exits the room. Well... that was awkward. I am not even sure i pronounce his name correctly. And where is Timothy? He already left? Hmm.. 

I walk sceptical to my bathroom. All i want is just to rinse my face in cold water and just leave. I push away the silver lashes, enter the closet, sigh and roll my eyes at all these designer clothes and open the door witch i was so blind to see yesterday.

The bathroom is luxurious and it's almost the size my room at my house is. Why would a person need this room in a bathroom? The floor is in white marble tiles and it has a with deep bathtub in the center of it. No windows. The toilet costs more that i make in a month. 

I rinse my face and i head to the closet. What would i wear? My eyes drop in a white turtleneck woolen blouse. It looks like a cloud! Now what to combine it with...? My hands fly across all kind of fabrics.. Oh here we are! Black leather leggings... yeah that will look good. And for shoes i choose for the first time, heels. I don't usually wear heels to work, i like to be comfortable but lets face it. My life, me, at this moment have nothing to do with my past. So heels it is! Their bottom is red and if i remember correctly a designer named Louboutin does this to all of his shoes. I wonder how much they cost.

After i grab a black long coat i head off, down the stairs and off the house. How am i supposed to go to work now? Where is he? Keith steps out of the ridiculously expensive car and waves at me. I head slowly to him. I don't want to kiss the ground and give them a reason to laugh for an eternity.

"Hello Ma'am." he says and i narrow my eyes at him, "Kat." he corrects himself. "I will drive you to office. And here." he extends his arm giving me my cell phone. Oh that was in my suitcase!

"What about the rest of the content?" i smile at him.

"That's all i've got.." he replies, his voice apologetic. OK... this is getting really annoying. I want my stuff back. I put in on the list of all the other stuff i want to ask him when i get to the office.

I get in the car and off we go. The view takes my breath once more. This place looks like it came out of a fairytale. The trees forming a tunnel above us, the colors, the lake. Where the hell did he find this place? How much did it cost him? How rich is he? My eyes pop out in horror. That is why he wants me? He knows my low economical state and he finds it to be a charity? To help me? Am i some short of a project to him? I hope he doesn't think i am here for the money... Does he?

My thoughts are interupted by my buzzing phone. I look at the illuminating screen. <<Scot>> Perfect! That is what is missing right now..

"What do you want?" i snap at him.

"Whoa, whoa baby chill..." he says socked.

"I don't recall being your baby since 6 months ago. What is it Scot?" 

"I didn't want to talk to you either." he snaps his voice sharp and serious. Well fuck you too! You cheated on me with my former best friend, who by the way you are still dating, and you get to be mad at me? Funny times we live in... "Kat...?" i hear a familiar voice taking over.

No...No... this can't be. He left. He left me. This can't be Anton. No... i am hallucinating. 

"Kat, are you there?" he speaks again.

"Anton...? Is... Is that you?"

"Yes baby. It's me. I am back." 

My phone drops from my hands and down to the floor of the car. My mouth drops open and stays there. Anton is Scot's best friend. When Scot went down with Shane, Anton chose me. He said me that he loved me since Scot introdused me to him, but i didn't felt the same way. So he said something like <<Better to be in your friendzone than don't have you at all Katarina.>>

But times change so he left me. Like everybody else. We went through some serious stuff in a short period of time. But you know how this is right? That person with whom you flirt all the time, and you kiss him on the lips just to greet him, and you lay in his arms and watch a movie, and you talk to the phone until you are asleep. That person that your heart skips a beat when you see him but it's not your boyfriend, and that's OK 'cause you like it the way you both are. This inocent Platonic relansionship. 

He tried several times to make his move on me. But i just wanted what we had. Nothing more, nothing less. We had fun. We stayed on the balcony of his house with a glass of red and talked util the sun came out. We watched romantic movies and he held my hand and i kissed his neck. Not friends, not parters either.

"Katarina..? i hear a distant voice calling me from the floor. Damn! My phone! I reach down to grab in with shaky hands.

"Anton... you left." my voice nearly a cry.

"I had to think baby girl."

"For over six months?"

"We are adults Kat. We don't think serious stuff over five minutes."

"Oh..." 

"We are here Ma'am." Keith says and i snap my eyes open. Shit! Timothy! Shit!! Anton...?

"I wonder if you can meet me tonight... Catch up?"

"Yes of course. Yes!" my mouth opens before i can even think. Oh i am so dead! Why this? Why now?

"Cool! I'll call you later to arrange the place and the time k?" he sounds happy and i can't help but smile wide. 

I have him back.