Chapter 1.

CHAPTER 1.

"Rise and shine!" I heard my mother saying apparently at me since I was still sleeping.

"Go away." I said back and shoved my face in my pillow.

"Oh come on darling. You really want to miss your first time at work?"

I could barely hear her. The rain was pounding on our roof so hard that you thought that something was trying to take the house down.

I took my face off my pillow and I asked her.

"Even God don't want me to go to work today, don't you think?"

She giggled and opened the window curtains.

Her hair, so red, like blood, but now so blurry in the light of the cloudy sky. Short red curls surrounding her round face. Her brown eyes happy as always. Her full lips drown up into a wide smile.

"You totally need to shower."

"I know."

I got up from the cozy warm bed of mine unwilling. I didn't want to work but I have to if I ever wanna get out of here. Don't get me wrong. I love staying with my parents but I am 23 years old. I have to move out.

I open my bathroom door and I freeze. Like literally. We are not what you may call a rich family, so this year we didn't put any petroleum in our heating system. I love cold and ice and snow but right now I was about to take a shower and cold with wet was a bad combination.

I shook my head and took a step forward. <<Come on Kat.>> I thought to myself. <<Let's get this over with.>>

When I was done bathing I stood over my mirror, examining me.

When my mother dyed her hair red, I liked it so much that I did the same thing two days after her. My natural hair is brown. Chocolate brown. Very boring color in my opinion. My eyes, green as an apple look empty. Unsatisfied. There is something missing in there. My oval face looks ok. I am not too pale so you can tell by far that I am not natural redhead. Paleness and gingers go together. My hair is naturally in curls though. My mother is the one who copied me in that. Her natural hair are straighter than hay.

After I am done dry-blowing my hair, I use some foam to keep them in place. I don't ware much make-up so a little mascara and eye pencil will do. They make my eyes look bigger and they make them stand out. So that is a good thing.

I leave the isolation of my room and go straight to the kitchen where my little brother, my mother and my father are getting breakfast. Serial for Steve, black coffee for Culis - strange name uh? He is Greek- and a cappuccino for Liah.

"Come darling. I will make you some tea."

"No thanks mum. I will take some tea at work. I have to go."

"And what exactly are you going to do there again?" my father lowered his newspaper and asked me. He was against me working since the day I went for that interview.

"It's a publishing house dad. I will get to read raw manuscripts and correct any mistakes. I will be able to give my opinions to the writers to make their novel or their book better." I smiled at him.

"Good luck." he told me and raised his eyebrows.

<<Oh you liar! You wish I fail!>> I thought to myself and dart off the door.

The road to work is not very long so after half an hour I am there. My old beetle can still take a challenge.

I got out of the car and stood by it taking a deep breath of fresh air. The building I was going to work in was huge. The company has just move here and it looked like they have thought that our little town was a big city. I wonder why they had to build it so big.

"Aren't you freezing?" I heard a man saying with a hot British accent. I smiled to my self before even turning to meet him.

The moment I turned my head I froze in shock. He is the most beautiful, gorgeous, amazingly good looking man I have ever lay eyes upon.

He is tall. Much much taller than me. He is skin is the color of hay, bright and shine. His hair are in a mess due to the wind. It's like thin shiny bars of copper dancing in the top of his head. They look so soft and I want to touch them so bad. His turquoise eyes look playful and serious at the same time. His lips have a cherryish color and I can't help but picture me bitting them.

"Um.. Yes it's cold isn't it?" was the only bright thing I could come up with.

"Cold becomes you. Your cheeks have a great color." he says and he smiles a wide smile.

"Thanks." I say and I blush scarlet.

"I am Timothy." he introduces himself, extending one hand to me, smiling.

I extend mine to, more like grabbing his that shaking it.

"My name is Katarina." I smile back at him.

He doesn't pull his hand away from mine and he locks his eyes to mine. I gasp because right there I felt like.. Like I know him. Like I have been waiting for him.

"Let's get inside beautiful Katarina." he smiles again after five seconds and he pulls me behind him.

Right before we enter the building, right before we push the door to open, he pulls his hand from mine and he whispers " I'm sorry." so low in volume that I wonder if he intended me to hear it.

He pushes the door and goes in first leaving me behind staring at his back. <<So much for a gentleman>> I thought to myself.

At the reception is sitting a gorgeous blonde woman. Her hair in curls, her eyes blue like the sea. She is wearing a navy blue suit and a red scarf. She looks like a flight attendant.

"Good morning Mr.Davis." she greets him.

"Good morning Greta." he says back without smiling. <<wow, where is that guy I met outside?>> I shiver at the thought. He turns his head to me, lowering his eyes and his voice.

"Are you alright? Are you still cold? Do you need my jacket?"

This has taken me by surprise. Of course I don't know him. Of course I just learnt his last name. But hell yeah I wanted his jacket. More like I needed his jacket. I felt like I needed this kind of protection from him. This kind of insuring that he is here. I don't know him at all, but I kinda need him here.

So in order to answer his questions I just shake my head. He raises his arm and tucks a curl of my hair. He plays with it at stretching it and then letting it loose so it hopping up and down in the air. He giggles and he takes off his jacket and he throws it over my shoulder.

The scent of him is intoxicating. Making my head spin. I inhale deeply and I feel like I am sliding off a rainbow. I inhale again and now I am riding a unicorn over the meadow of marshmallows. He smells like cinnamon and bread and sunshine. A hint of mint is here too. It's divine.

I raise my eyes to look at him and i find him already starring at me. He is looking confused and amused the same way.

Greta has to clear her throat to burst our little private bubble.

"And the girl is?" she is asking him a little annoyed.

"Oh yes right. The girl is Katarina..." he hesitates since he doesn't know my last name or what I am doing here.

"I am Katarina Conor. I am here for the editing department. I got the job one week ago. The told me i start today." I answer her. Before she can respond Mr. Davis is taking my hand again.

"Oh of course. Come with me Katarina." he says and he is pulling me towards the elevator.