Chapter 26.

"I am so sorry your work plans didn't go as you wanted sweetheart." my mother tries to calm me down as i sob in her hug. "You are a bright young lady, you will find another job in no time."

SIX HOURS EARLIER

I stand by his huge front door with my suitcase in my hands while he motions Keith to come here.

"What are you thinking?" he asks me.

"This is really, really, really fucked up. And it sounds like i am living in a sequel of Fifty Shades of Grey."

"Don't over-think it!" he hisses at me.

"Oh for crying out loud! Stop with the don't over-think it piece of shit that you say all the time when you are looking for an easy way out! You are married and and your wife is the one who gets to chose your affairs. You have a fucking room in here for people like... me." i quote Kate on this.

How can he not see it? How in earth can he feel that all this is right? I take a frightened step away from him because the realisation that just occurred to me scared me. I am about to go all Edward Cullen on him. I have to leave him don't i? I have to break free from him and what he makes me feel. Yes i do, i do feel a lot about him but he is... unhealthy to me. When i am with him i forget my morals, my beliefs. I understand that some people live in this lifestyle but i don't. I don't live in it and i don't want to live in it. He can just go ahead and pick someone new.

"Yes Sir?" Keith interrupts my thoughts and i let out a big sigh. This is it then.

Timothy looks at me confused but says nothing. You feel it too baby? This is it isn't it? I think to my self. "Take Miss Conor back to her place." he whispers to him. 

I take a deep breath and with a smile i go down the front door stairs. "Goodbye." i whisper and my intention of him not hearing it fails. 

"Kat..." i hear him whispering but i don't look back. I step into the car and i order Keith to get me home fast.

We are at a red traffic light and Keith starts speaking.

"Please excuse me. I don't do this quite often. In fact i have never done this before but i truly believe that you should know."

"What is it Keith?"

"The other day.. outside of Mr.Davis business...i saw someone i am not proud on knowing."

"Keith you are being weird. Let it out."

"Your friend Anton Miss. I know him."

"What?"

The red light turns green and Keith stops talking again. What was that? How in hell can he know Anton? Anton who was in France for the last year or something. Nah, he is messing with me. I bet that this is another one of Timothy's plays to make me drift apart from Anton.

We stopped in many red traffic lights until we arrived home but Keith didn't speak at any of them. I was lost in my thoughts, adding days and crossing our mutual friends but i came up with nothing. There is not a single way that Keith can know Anton.

"Miss Conor, can we go to...I don't know anywhere, so i can talk to you?"

"Keith... Mr.Davis expects you back. What will he think if you go back late?"

"Um, yes. Right." he says and he seems uncomfortable. He hesitates for a moment but then he opens his door and comes straight to my door. "I will help you with your things."

"Please."

When i arrive home, no one is here. I think to myself of what to say. I came up with something that i fucked up so Timothy had to let me go. I am horrified at the idea that Timothy knows where i live and that he will come here. I undress myself and go straight to take a bath. I don't know what i am looking forward to this bath. The relaxation it offers or scrub me to death so i can clean up from my shame and dirtiness?

NOW

Not even the bath, not even the small nap i took before anyone came home didn't help. The tears was not a plan of my lies. I told my mom that it was my fault to lose a huge amount of the Company's money so Timothy let me go. But the moment i told it out loud was the moment it sunk in. I was done. We were done. I could not fix him. I wasn't enough for him to change. I didn't have the strength to try and change him. This is who he was and i could do nothing about it.

"I am not crying for the stupid job!" i shout in my mom's hug. She gently pushes me away confused.

"Then what is it?" 

"I um...the um.." i try hard to find some else to say rather than Hey yeah, you know Timothy? Mr.Davis? My boss? Who came here and brought Steve this awesome cake? Yeah well, that is my married boss with whom i have an affair with. Well yeah, i spend the last days to his place where he got me a room and well yeah, i kinda love him and i am now living him because i learnt that his wife chose me. "The money! My paycheck was big mom."

"Oh honey! You will find something else...In fact while you were gone a young fellow came here and asked for you. He said his name is Joe and that he has a job offer for you."

Joe? As in Joe, Timothy's brother? "Did he left a number or..."

"Yes of course he did. I have it in a yellow post it on the fridge."

****So guys, this was the last chapter. After this there will be an epilogue and after that i am going to write the sequel to it. So if you are interested in find out where all this is going go read "A Life to Cherish.****