Epilogue

"Please Red, go down to the reception and ask Joel to not let my brother in. I am not in a mood to confront him and i am sure that neither are you."

"Joe, why is he really coming here?"

"He is mad at you."

ONE MONTH BEFORE

"Hey Joe? Good morning. It's me. Kat. Um, Katarina Conor." my voice is nearly a tremble. What did Joe want? A job offer? He knows i work with Timothy.. Well i worked with Timothy...

"Oh hey Red! I was getting worried you wouldn't call. What took you so long?"

"Um, i was out of town..?" Why did i turn that into a question!

"You were with my brother." 

"How the hell....did he...how?"

"Anyway.." he skips answering me, "..I finally gathered the money i wanted to open my own business and i would like you to work for me."

"What kind of business?"

"Eco Projects. Try to make the world a little bit more green."

"Um, Joe, i know nothing about this stuff. I am into books." i giggle trying to make the atmosphere a little less awkward.

"And what will you do when there are no more trees out there? There will be no more papper. There will be no more books.. Oh! Come on Red! Come work for me. Pwetty pwease?"

I giggle. "Oh Joe! What will Timothy say?" Every time i say his name, every time i think his name, it hurts.

"Why would you care? Come! I will collect you at 7:00 am sharp!" he says and the line goes dead.

PRESENT DAY

"Why would he be mad at me?" i ask and i flush scarlet. 

One moth has gone by and he didn't call me. He didn't came to my house. He did nothing. He let me go just as i thought he would. He didn't care. He didn't chase me. So yeah, why be mad at me?

"You were his shiny toy and now you are mine." he smiles a big, brighter than the sun smile and my blood temperature rises in an instant.

"Fucking hell Joe! I am not his or yours. I am not a fucking toy!" i scream at him and my vision starts to get a little blurry. What is up with this fucked up family! Why all women must be toys?!

"Easy kitten. Draw back your claws. It was a pun. Of course you are not a toy. Jeez."

I shake my head in disapproval and i go to the elevators. Timothy's building has 32 floors while Joe's have only 20. Well, he didn't joke about trying and make this planet a little more green.

I take a good look at me at the elevator mirror. I have change a lot in the last month. I cut my curls a little shorter and now they are at the length of my chin. I dress more professionally since my paycheck here is bigger. I don't know what i did to deserve that kind of money but i am glad i get them every month. I manage to get my own apartment and i give a little something to my family, so now they are not getting cold at winter, Steve can call his friends over since he has a bigger room. We took down the wall of my room and connected the two rooms. My mom has a desent kitchen with the latest eco tecknology devises, a present from the Davis Eco Projects and my dad has his own study where he invites his co-workers to watch football.

I step out of the elevator and head to the reception. My feet root to the floor and my hands start to tremble. The blood leaves my face and i am suddenly cold.

"Miss Conor." Timothy says, his voice a whisper.

He changed too. He is in his everyday suit, that has not changed. But he hasn't shaved for what seems weeks. He looks older and quite frankly he looks dirty. Damaged. In pain.

"Ti.---Mr.Davis." i greet him with a failed smile.

"I came here to see my brother." his voice is so weak.

"He doesn't wish to see you." i can't believe he is here. I can't believe it. I want to hug him. To kiss him and make love to him right here in the main entrance. To reassure him that everything is okay. I'm sorry. I am so sorry.

"I see. Can i talk to you?" he asks me and his exquisite turquoise eyes drop to the floor.

"No." i say with out even thinking it for a second.

"Please."

"No."

"Kitty Kat, please."

"Fine!" i shout at him and point with my head to a corner near the elevators. "What?" i ask, my voice a punishment as we arrive to the spot.

"You've changed." he smiles but his smile is a bitter smile, in pain.

"I can say the same for you." i want to hug him so bad. But i won't. He needs to change. He needs to see it.

"How have you been?"

"Look Mr.Davis. I am in my working place and apparently i have work to get done. Is there anything i can help you with?" 

"Oh... i see." he says and starts stepping away from me. Oh baby i am so sorry. "You have definitely changed Miss Conor. I am happy to see you happy. May you have an extraordinary life, full of love and light. A life you deserve."

And with these words he left. I must not cry, i must not cry. I must not go after him.

I take a deep breath and go back into the elevator to start my new,changed,full of light life i deserve. In the love department we seem to have an issue.