CHAPTER 18

SHE LEFT. IT WAS THE BEST CHOICE that she had at that time. Ano pa ba ang magagawa sana niya sa landas na pinili niyang tahakin? She slept with Andrew and she's definitely regretting that decision now. Hindi niya alam kung bakit palagi na lang mali ang mga nagiging desisyon niya after may malaman siya tungkol kay Adrian. He keeps on ruining her life. She makes him do things that she usually uses her head for.

When she woke up that morning, nanlamig siya when she saw Andrew sleeping soundly beside her, his arm over her bare stomach. She used him at hindi niya gusto ang pakiramdam na ginamit niya lang ang lalaki para makalimot ng panandalian. She is a terrible person for doing that.

Bakit ba hindi ko maidiretso ang utak ko? Bakit ba hirap na hirap pa din akong bitawan si Adrian? Was he that great of a lover? Mas bagay pa ata na ito ang greatest disappointment ko.

Akala niya noong nakilala niya si Adrian ay mag-iiba na ng tuluyan ang buhay niya. Akala niya, outside of her family ay may magbibigay na ng katahimikan sa kanya. He had that peaceful aura around him and that gave her so much comfort.

She fell in love with him maybe since the first time that they met. She always remembered that smile of his, the one that reached his eyes. He would tell her jokes and make her laugh, he would comfort her and tell her that everything's going to be fine. He was a home outside of home for her.

Kaso lang everything really does come to an end. She went abroad to take care of some urgent matters there and when she came back and saw Adrian again, it was different. His eyes weren't as bright as it was, his smile was always so little or forced but he did make her laugh and having him near gave her comfort. But after a while he didn't seem happy. He didn't seem invested but she was, her heart was. Bobbie was in love.

Naalala pa niya ang tawa nito at ang mga biro nito. He loved her in a way that he never really had to say it pero nararamdaman. Maybe she did something to get rid of that feeling. She's ruined a lot of relationships anyway. Baka rin kaya hindi niya mabitawan si Adrian ay dahil minahal niya ito. She's never loved anyone but him. He made her happy when everything was so dull and out of color.

***

SHE'S FEELING LOST AGAIN, parang napapadalas na ata lately. Bobbie sighed, hindi niya alam kung bakit ganito ang takbo ng mundo niya recently. Simula ng siya na ang humawak sa negosyo ng pamilya ay parang mas nawala ang tunay na siya.

She's become tougher and stronger but deep inside she became really weak and vulnerable. Hindi naman niya pupwedeng ipakita yun and it felt like she was suppressing a huge chunk of what should have been her just to keep going. She wants to do better than her father, enough to keep her uncles' trust in her. Bobbie needed to be strong and unfazed.

It was a quiet afternoon, naglakad lang siya mula sa office building niya hanggang sa napadpad siya sa isang park malapit doon. Iniwan niya ang mga guards niya and she really just walked to where her feet led her at ito nga ang park na ito. It was not crowded and it was as though people were naturally mum when around this area. Maganda ang lugar para makapag-isip, sayang at ngayon lang siya napadpad dito.

She was quietly contemplating about what she's going to do with all the difficulties she's having about the company and the last guy that she dated ng may maglapag ng chocolate sa tabi niya.

"It helps." Sabi nung lalaking umupo sa kabilang dulo ng bench kung saan siya nakaupo. He quietly stared at the impending night sky as well.

"I don't need it." Tinanggihan niya ito. Hello, paano naman kasi, hindi niya kilala ito. Malay ba niya kung bagong modus ito kung saan o kung kanino, mag-isa pa naman siya. "Ikaw na lang ang kumain."