CHAPTER 27

"MAY SULAT po uli ma'am." Bungad sa kanya ng sekretarya niya nang dumating siya.

This is probably one of Andrew's letters. He's been writing to her since that night that she told him that what he did was far worse than what Adrian did. Halos labinlimang sulat na ang nakukuha niya and to be honest ay binabasa naman niya lahat yun. She loves the man but hates him as well because of what happened in the past. She's been seeing him occasionally as well but he's maintaining his distance so that she can think. He's not giving up as he always says.

"Thanks." Iyon lang at lumabas na ito. She hesitated a bit before opening this one. Every single time she reads one of his letters her heart gets softer and softer that her mind wages another war between the two.

Hey Bobbie,

I'm still in CdO and I miss you everyday. This house feels empty without you. If only I can go back and see you, kahit galit ka pa din, I just really want to see you. Alam kong kasalanan ko to and I will never forgive myself for hurting you pero mahal na mahal kita. I just really became selfish, I chose my life with you rather than repent for the bad choices I made in the past. Kung kaya ko lang ibalik ang lahat sa dati, I would not have left and just waited for you. I hope that one day I can make this all alright.

Baka magtaka ka na babagal akong magsulat sayo baka kasi walang courier sa susunod na area ng medical mission namin pero I will still try. I will be up north in a remote area in the mountain province. Maybe one day I can take you for a hike and see the sun rise on top of a mountain, it's one of the best things there is.

Take care of yourself, drink your vitamins and regularly eat. You're my sun and stars Bobbie, always. I love you.

A.

Every word from him makes her want to cry. She wants to be with him pero hirap na hirap siyang kalimutan ang sakit na naramdaman niya. Bobbie feared that she'll be hurt again and it makes her scared to open up to Andrew again, to make him a part of her life again. Paano kung masaktan nanaman siya? She wouldn't like the person she'll become if ever that happens.

Actually, she's planning to fly to Spain and meet her father and stepmother there, doon na kasi nakatira ang mga ito kaya naman balak niyang magbakasyon at mag-isip-isip doon. It has been a while since she spent time away. It might be really good for her as well. She wanted time away to assess the important things in her life.

"Salamat talaga Kuya Kai for doing this, alam kong busy ka kay Mikee." Dinala niya ang ilang files na kakailanganin ni Kairos para sa dalawang linggomg bakasyon niya sa Spain.

"You need time away din," He smiled. "So, how are you?"

"Still the same answer kuya, I am still very much fine with my life." She smiled.

"Sumuko na ba si Andrew?" Kairos asked. "He's not in Manila."

"He needs to operate on a former patient and he has several medical missions." Bobbie said.

Andrew personally told her bago ito umalis. Sabi nito ay ayaw niyang isipin ni Bobbie na sumuko na siya o napagod. It's just that he needed to be there for the kid since he's a long time patient at relapse na ang sakit nito.

"Mukhang hindi ka pa din naman sumusuko." Ngumiti uli ito sa kanya. He's been in such a good mood simula noong magising si Mikee. They've been through a whole lot but finally ay magkasama na uli ang dalawa. "Ako na mismo ang magsasabi sayo Bobbie na minsanan lang dumating yang pagmamahal sa buhay natin. It took me a long while before I figured out what I felt for Mikee. I almost lost her during times when I didn't pay much mind to what she felt. And after everything that has happened in the past year, hindi ko kayang mawala siya uli. She may think na may mali sa kanya but I prayed for her to come back, no conditions, bumalik lang siya."