Chapter 30

Chapter 30 – Healing [1]

Darren McClain | May 27th 2020 | Los Angeles, CA

I rolled on my side and my eyes caught the view of a sleeping Myles. I just stared as I reminisced on our hang out last night. It was an interesting one but never came off awkward. He brought my "secret" to light also and I thought that I'd freak out but surprisingly I was calm about it. I didn't realize that my attraction towards him was that obvious but I guess real recognize real.

I got out of bed and the first thing I did was check my phone. I had a few messaged from my friends and family, nothing bewildering but nothing important. The messages from my mother got my attention though. I decided to give her a call instead of texting because my tone could be miscommunicated.

"Morning momma." I greeted with a small smile on my face. "Hey baby, how you doing?" She spoke in her very southern voice.

"I just got up actually." I replied. I was a bit uneasy with my words because she said she had something important to tell me and I know for a fact when things like that happen it's not usually good news. This time I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was.

"That's great—"

"Momma just tell me what is it!" I snapped at her. I didn't mean to but the anticipation was just killing me. She sighed and inhaled a deep breathe. I just know for a fact the she was about to cry and that was going to lead to me crying as well and I didn't want that at all.

"He's out...Your fath—"

"Don't say it. Just don't say it, please?" I could feel the icy tears running down my cheeks but I was yet to wipe them away. I cleared my throat before saying, "When did he—fuck!" I exclaimed as more tears ran. "I hate him so much momma! I hate him!" I guess I was now shouting since Myles jumped out of the bed.

"Baby he's still you fath—"

"No he's not! A father wouldn't have done what he did to me all those years!" I yelled then hung up the phone. My hands hung at my sides as I closed my eyes tightly. I was trying my best to not cry any more than I already was but I failed miserable one I felt Myles' hand on my shoulder.

"Darren...you good man?" I shook my head as my shoulders shook vigorously, my sobs followed shortly after. I was now bawling in the middle of my room, feeling the immense pain and sorrow I felt years ago.

"This hurts so fucking much man! I can still feel him, feel everything! Hear every word and sound!" I broke down right then and there. Myles wrapped his arms around me before I could fall to the ground.

"You know I got you."

Beyoncé Knowles | Hamptons, NY

The car pulled into the driveway of my Hamptons home. I searched through my purse for the keys for the front door, once I found it I got out with Blue and Julius hot on my hip. I was only here to get a few clothes for this weekend I'm spending in California.

Chris and I talked last night and he said he came across a block. He needed a crown cake for Royalty and the different places he called didn't do overnight orders. Luckily, I had a few connections and I got it done. I also got her a gift I know she'd love. From being around her, she came off real tomboyish and I know for a fact that she was her father's twin so what's better than matching cars? I got her a miniature Lamborghini that matched Chris'. I shipped it out to his house a few days ago so he should have it by now.