Chapter 20

Chapter 20 – Plotting

Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter | Upper East Side, NY

I walked into the condo Beyoncé and I first lived in when we got married. It still had old furniture and pictures of us leading up to the day we moved to our home in the Hamptons. I walked into the bedroom and tossed myself on the bed.

I had called my lawyer to demand full custody of my daughter but the way this whole divorce is set up, I may not get that win but I'm willing to fight for my family. We had court next week and I nowhere near ready. She said she didn't want anything but I know she would be leaving with something in this. I just hope she wasn't gonna run me dry. I have too much on the line to lose and that meant her.

I sighed leaning over the night stand for the yellow envelope that had the divorce papers. I took out the documents and the first thing I saw was a copy of our pre-nup. I moved it aside and saw Beyoncé's signature on all the sheets. I ran a hand down my face feeling crushed.

"This shit is fo'real man?" I asked myself tossing them on the bed.

I didn't want to do this but since I refused the sign the papers the judge granted it in her favor. I did some fuck shit but so has she. She pushed me away whenever shit gets tough and that leaves me in the open. I remember when he had the second miscarriage she didn't let me touch her for almost a year. That was the first time I stepped out of our union and I actually felt like shit. But the times after were just me wanting to feel like I still had it. The mojo that made the women flock to me. I know my money was a factor but it was other things to.

With Bey, she didn't care about the materialistic things. It was about me and nothing else and I was glad that I got to experience that but on the low I was scared. I never experience that love outside of my grandmother and mother. Being raised in the hood you had to be hard, couldn't show no sign of weakness or else you'd get taken advantage of. I always loved by that and look where it got me.

I was not ready to let her go and I wasn't going to let her go that easily. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted a few people that owe me favors.

We got some shit to discuss. [4:12 PM]

Christopher Brown | May 20th 2020 | Los Angeles, CA

I groaned hearing the ringing of my phone. I reached over to grab my phone but the call ended right when I was about to swipe answer. I sighed rubbing my eyes. I went to sleep at 3:38 this morning because Beyoncé was keeping me up since she couldn't go to sleep.

It's now 7:22 and I am tired as a bitch. My eyes are dry and they hurt slightly due to the brightness in the room. I barely got sleep so I wasn't prepared for the day at all. I rose from the bed realizing I still had on my clothes from yesterday.

I unlocked my phone and redialed Darren's number. I placed it on speaker then turned on the bathroom lights. I squinted my eyes feeling the pounding in my head intensify.

"Um, I accidentally overbooked the warehouse and now the dancers and band are fighting over the spot." I sighed taking my shirt off.

"Move the dancers to the studio. The warehouse has better acoustics for the band to rehears in." I took off my pants and boxers looking at myself in the mirror.

"Gotchu." The call ended and I sighed once again for the morning. "Jesus give me strength." I mumbled walking into the glass shower.

>>>