Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Just Like Skating

Christopher Brown | April 10th 2020 | Tappahannock, VA

"Okay Mr. Brown, everything seems to be good. For your eyes I'll prescribe you an eye drop that you are to use twice a day for the remainder of the week. The blurring should be cleared and you'll be back to normal." The doctor said handing me a slip with my prescription.

"Thanks man. Highly appreciate it." I shook his hand then released it. I got up from the chair and exit the room. I walked out seeing my parents along with Royalty sitting in the waiting room waiting for me. RoRo looked up and jumped from her chair and ran to me.

"Daddy what did he say!?" I chuckled picking her up in my arms. "Daddy will be okay." I kissed her cheeks as she smiled. I stared into her brown eyes and just felt a sense of peace. I love my daughter so much that words can't even describe how I feel.

She's my savior and I'm her superhero. I wouldn't want our relationship to be any other way. I walked over to my parents who had a worry look on their faces. "So what did he say?" My mother asked with eagerness in her voice.

"Cam down mama I'm gonna be alright." I chuckled and she released a deep sigh. "Woman stop being dramatic! You know this boy a fighter." My pop punched my free arm as we walked out of the doors of the hospital.

"Don't tell me nothing! This is my baby so I gotta make sure he's okay." I laughed at them. Although they were not together, they sure as hell acted like it. We got in the SUV and the driver pulled off making his way to the court house for my trial.

I sighed looking out of the window. Royalty was sitting on my lap pulling the hairs on my chin while my parents engaged in their own conversation. I was feeling a bit somber getting closer to the court house. My lawyer, Mrs. Richards was already waiting for me there and I was ready to end this whole thing.

This is not the first time someone has brought my name in an abuse claim. I was used to it, which is not a good thing but I'm honest. I've had a lot of bullshit surrounding my name, no matter how much I try my best to keep out of the media, and the press always finds some story.

"Clinton if you don't get outta my face with that mess." My mother yelled pulling me from my thought. I looked over at the two seeing my mother with a smile on her face and my father with a smirk.

"Y'all stop being nasty." I told them followed with a chuckle. "I ain't being nasty. Your father tryna slide his way into my pants that he hasn't been able to get in for 25 years." I looked at her sideways. "Mama even I know that's a lie! I be hearing y'all."

"Stay your lil' country ass outta grown folks business." I threw my hands up as my father laughed. I looked down at my daughter seeing she had fallen asleep. I smiled positioning her hands so she won't wake up complaining about any pain.

We chatted and laughed until the car came to a stop. The driver got out and opened the door and I was surprised to see there were no paparazzi. I held Royalty carefully as I climbed out walking to the doors of the court. The security that was there opened the door and I entered. I looked down the hall seeing my lawyer.

I made my way over to her with a sleeping Royalty in my arms. "How was your appointment?" I gave her a side hug which she initiated. I released her then said, "It was great actually." I gave a slight smile.

"Good now onto the matter at hand. I got the footage from your security cameras so that should be enough to dead the case with Ammika. I was able to get the officer charged with simple assault. He'd be debadged as well as facing jail time but that case is not until next week." I couldn't fight the smile on my face.