Chapter 29

Chapter 29 – Still Locked In [2]

Christopher Brown | Downtown Los Angeles, CA

"Kelly called and said she'll do the intermission for Friday's show and August and Trey said they will perform with you on the final night this weekend." My manager informed me as I sat next to him.

I was currently at The Staples Centre running through the entire show with my entire team. We were also setting out the seating layout as well as some finishing touches on the stage. I was reusing my old stage set but the flat platform was a bit wider. I also have been keeping my fans up to date and they're ready for this amazing show I'm going to give them. I too was ecstatic for it as well.

"Great. Now I just need to finally get the conformation from Tory, H.E.R and Dani." I drank from my water. I unlocked my phone and an incoming call from Nia just came in.

"Wassup?" I greeted. "Weren't you supposed to put in the order for the cake?" I scrunched my face up in confusion. "No, I was supposed to get all the heavy stuff. You said you was gonna get decorations and cake so that's on you." I rebutted.

She ain't about to put blame on me for something I wasn't assigned to do. Not today Satan, I rebuke thee.

"Whatever—anyways the person who was to make the cake said their booked out and I don't have any more emergency contacts." I could hear the worry in her voice and I just knew she was stressed. "I'll fix it just make sure that everything else is straight." We were planning a costume party for RoRo and she said she wanted to be the only princess there and I didn't have a problem. So we were decorating my home in Tarzana into a castle. Obviously my backyard will be more appropriate since the inside of my house is filled with graffiti.

"Oh yeah! You also gotta pay for the dress!" I groaned. "Man why you do this all the time?" I dropped my head. "Hey! I ended going over my budget for this party and the money I had set aside for the dress I had to use some of it to pay for the other things for the party."

"At this point we finna take her ass to the damn museum and she can see all the princesses she want." Now I'm officially stressed. "Chris..." Nia called out in a stern tone.

"Bruh how much for the damn dress?" I asked going to my Apple Pay app on my phone. "$700—"

"$700 for a damn dress!? Fuck that! Taker her ass to Party City!" I quickly protested shaking my head side to side. I am in major disbelief. A fucking child's dress costs more than half the shoes in my closet. "She gets expensive taste from your ass so blame your damn self." I dropped my head then rubbed my cheek. This girl finna be the death of me, I swear.

"Man she ain't getting no more parties until she 16 and that's a fact." I transferred the money to Nia's account and closed the app. "Thank you. I'll see you later tonight." She hung up and I just stared at my home screen.

"$700 US Dollars? A dress?" I was still trying my best to comprehend what the hell I just heard.

I looked around and realized that I haven't seen Darren all morning. I also haven't heard from him either and he's usually by my side whenever I turned around.

"Has anyone seen Darren?" I spoke into the mic once I turned it on. "YOU GAVE HIM THE DAY OFF!" Everyone yelled. Confusion was now my best friend. "I did? When the fuck that happen?" I asked more to myself. I shrugged my shoulders moving to the back of the stage where some of the technicians were working on few of the lights that had a few glitches.