Nora's Find

UNEDITED and RUSHED...

---------------

After we ate I hugged Oliver and Shane to bid the happy couple good bye and went on my way. I'm sure they were ecstatic to have some alone time.

I got into my car and drove home thinking about what Shane said about Nick. I felt like it was up to me to find out what was going on, because he wasn't going to tell me. Forming a plan in my head I decided my first mission was to go home and shower then do some investigation. I needed to stalk him or go to his house.

It didn't take me long to get home and noticed my moms car wasn't in the driveway. She must be on a date. I ran upstairs and took a quick shower then put my clothes on. I went downstairs and once more grabbed my keys knowing my destination.

I went to his house and was looking around when a voice startled me from behind. I jumped high holding my chest to slow down my beating heart.

"Can I help you?" Asked a kind looking woman.

"Hi!" I said filled with guilt from being caught.

She assessed me. "Who are you young lady?" She had soft soothing voice that had a drop of feistiness. I immediately knew she would get along with my mom.

"I'm sorry. This isn't how I pictured meeting my mates mom." I said sheepishly as I scretched the back of my head.

She took on a look of surprised. "Mate? Now that's news to me. Come on, we need to talk more about this." She motioned for me to follow her to the door. Opening it she shut it locking it and I followed her to the kitchen. She told me to sit and I did with no questions asked.

"Tea or coffee?" She asked looking my way.

I didn't mind neither but today I felt one more than the other. "Tea please." She gave a nod and went to put the kettle on while I folded my hands on the table. I started tapping my foot on nervousness.

"There is no reason to fright child." She said with a chuckle. I let out a sigh of relief as I stopped.

"Sorry, I do that when I meet nervous." I put my hands under the table folding them together.

"Trust me I understand. So you said you're my son's mate. I wonder why he hasn't told me." She had a faraway look.

I looked down with sadness. "He hasn't accepted me yet."

She whirled around smacking her teeth. "I see. Like father like son." She said shaking her head.

I leaned forward intrigued by this little news. "Pardon?"

Her face took on a dark look. "Long story short, his father left me for so hussy."

Well now that made sense and as luck would have it, Nick walked in at that moment. I could feel the sparks between us. He frowned at me and went over to give his mom a kiss on the cheek. Who knew he could be sweet.

From the little information I found out about why Nick was the way he is I felt more sure that he could be saved. There was a secret why he was the way he is and I just found some of it, if not all. I looked at Nick amazed that someone so good looking was meant for me. He turned back to me and motioned for me to follow him.

I sighed already feeling anxious again. We got outside and crossed my arms. The only other thing I wasn't doing was tapping my arms and chewing gum.

"So You're dad really did that?" I shook my head sadly.

He looked at me his face getting red. "Why?" He asked shaking his head.

I looked at him inquisitively. "Why what?