The Pack

UNEDITED: HAPPY READING!

=========

We get into Oliver's car and eventually get to her home. I bid her goodbye and get into my car. As I drive home I think of what to do next. I want so bad to be with Nick, but all my efforts haven't made any impact. Just because we were fated mates, did it mean we had to stay together? I finally get home and sit in the car for a while hoping to gain more clarity. To be honest, I don't know what it is about staying in the car and just having complete privacy for yourself. Maybe it's the quiet. I make sure to relish the moment either way. Taking a deep breath I get out of the car locking it. I didn't want my mom to notice the mood I was in, especially once she started moving on from my dad. So putting on a fake happy smile I unlock the door stepping in. Automatically I sense another presence besides my mothers. Curiously, I sniff the air and notice it's a males scent. Using my wolf abilities I follow the scent to the kitchen and see a man hugging my mom from behind. They seem to be in their own world as they sway back and forth. I would say it was gross, but it was actually too cute. I watch them a while my smile taking on a real form. Clearing my throat I expecting them to jump apart. So I'm checked when they look over and smile instead. Okay then. Plans foiled.

"Nora darling! I didn't know you were coming back so soon." She playfully jabs the guy and he lets her go after placing a soft kiss to her neck. She giggles like a school girl and he smiles satisfied. Ugh gross!

"Yeah the mall visit with Oliver was cut short. Unfortunately. What's for dinner?" I sniff the air in anticipation. My mom was a good cook and everything she made was magic!

"We're having beef spaghetti with some Texas toast bread." She smiles explaining. I could see the love in her eyes. Both for me and the guy beside her. I really look at him and I'm not surprised that his very handsome. I could tell that he was most definitely a hottie back in his days. But the thing I really take note of are his eyes. They were a deep brown that carried warmth. I've always felt that eyes were the windows to the soul and his revealed his sincerity. He didn't look like he had it in him to hid malicious intent.

I liked him already. But as a daughter I had to quiz him of course!

"Dear won't you get the plates please?" She asks her back to us as she finishes cooking.

I instinctively go to get them, only to notice the guy doing the same. I raise my eyebrow. Seems lover boy has been here before. He chuckles nervously scratching the back of his neck. My mom turns around and looks at us curiously. He shrugs and I do the same. Squinting like he doesn't believe us she turns back to starring the noodles. I childishly stick my tongue out at him and go grab the dishes. As I'm setting the table in the next room he walks over and starts helping me by placing the silverware. I see his trying to earn these brownie points.

"So. You and my mom."

A smile graces his face. "Yes and your."

I look at him sideways. So, I see we're playing a game of repeat. I decide to get to the point. "My mom's been hurt already and will be damned if someone hurts her again. So my question is, what direction do you see this relationship going?"

"The west?" He smiles jokingly.

I chuckle. "I see you're a jokester. Let me rephrase this better. Are you in this relationship with her for the long hurl?"

It takes him a second to think it over before he replies. "Honestly. Before her, I don't even know how I've survived this long."

I see. We got ourselves a poet here mom. I mind link her. She chuckles. Be nice daughter. I laugh as I close the link.

"So what do you know of us." I ask tentatively.

"I know from what Julie; sorry your mom has to told me. That you guys are half human half werewolf." Well shoot! Looks like mom really trusts him.