Unexpected Guest

UNEDITED HAPPY READING!!

---------------------------------------

I couldn't believe how beautiful the backyard transformed. Instead of a winter wonderland, it was the spring version. Everywhere was decorated with beautiful lights that shone bright in the morning light. People all around seemed happy and were happily drinking. Hopefully, it didn't rain and ruin the décor. Looking at everyone's reaction, only June was as surprised as me at the whole view.

"Ladies! Welcome to my pack." Marie smiles pleased and waves her hand in front of her. She

"Pack meet my lovely cousins Nora and June! Now. Make sure to introduce yourselves and make them feel at home. But most importantly." She looks at every-one of them and she gives them a mock glare. They laugh joyously at her antics.

"Most importantly ladies and gents." She continues with a wicked glint in her eyes as she yells out loud. Sure we were werewolves, but I had to give it to her dramatics. "Show them how we throw down!

Cheers and howls ring all over as they clap their hands excitedly. I look around and could feel the love this pack had for their Luna. I could understand as one of her closest cousins. She was amazing. I knew June and I didn't have to worry about them mistreating us for sure.

After the pleasantries, the party goes into full swing and we walk around introducing ourselves. To be honest her pack grew so much since she started it. I remember when I heard she was the Luna of a pack. I was truly knocked off my feet. Her story of going on a suicide mission only to be saved by wanting to save a fallen pack is extraordinary. How she came to earn the love and devotion of the pack is even more inspiring. Werewolves fallen or not aren't so trusting or complacent unless they feel the worthiness of their opponent. Finding oneself in a hostile environment can be overwhelming. I don't know what I would have done to be honest. She really is something else.

Eventually we meet most of the pack and get welcomed as part of it. Soon the music gets louder, and more drinks are poured down our throats. While some people danced others walked around and conversed.

Jules grabs Marie's hand and beckons us to their direction. "Let's go shake the floor ladies!" They quickly run to the dance floor that's in the middle of everything. Shocker. The whole place is lit up like a Christmas tree, but the dance floor still has a dark shadow casted over it. Perhaps to set the mood. People probably didn't want others to see their crazy dance moves.

June and I catch each other's eyes and squeal in excitement.

"No need to tell us twice!" She laughs and grabs my hand pulling me towards the dance floor. "We can either feel pity for ourselves or let loose. I choose the latter!" She grins at me.

"Let's go crazy cousin." I smile broadly.

We meet Marie and Jules again and start moving our bodies to the beaming music.

"I'm feeling way to good!" June waves her hands in the air freely. She was truly buzzed.

The crew and I just laugh and start mimicking her movements. My soul feels relaxed and ready for new adventures. I really needed this as I feel the stress of my situation start to slowly melt away. Soon we're met by James and Zules who're carrying more drinks. James has the shots on a plate, while Zules carries the different mixed drinks on another plate. How I know that? Well, I can thank my wolf senses for being so persistent in my buzzed state.

"Oh! I'll take the one with the umbrella!" June grabs the drink that was inside a coconut. Damn that one looked really good.

"You sure you should be having more?" Jules inquires raising his eyebrows.

She pushes him playfully making him stagger. Sticking her tongue out she makes her point. "I'm here to distress, so I'm drinking to excess."

Jules smiles wickedly. "Okay. You know what? I might just like you."

I look at Marie and we smile rolling our eyes.

"Yes babe. Don't be a party pooper." Zules winks at Jules and gives him a quick kiss to the lips.

So sweet! I can't over the fact that my cousin played for the other team. I did not see that coming. But then again, I haven't seen him in a while.

"Yeah, yeah. I like her. But you're going to take the duty of baby-sitting her when she has too much." Jules smirks at him.

He looks his mate up and down then finally gives June a quick glance. "Drink away cousin. You only live once."

We all groan, except for Zules and June.

"Boo, you guys are no fun." June sticks her tongue out at us. "At least I can count on our cousin here to let me be.

"Well speaking of fun. How about we all take a drink. My hand's not a table you know." James gives us a lip-sided grin.

He looked so familiar to be honest. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

We all grab our beverages and I take a sip of my mixed drink.

"Wow! This is good. No it's more than good, it's delicious!" I moan out loud in ecstasy. As I'm enjoying my escape I soon hear the silence in the air. Slowly I open my eyes and look at my friend's plain sarcastic looks.

I look and smile at them sheepishly. "Sorry. It's just so good! Who made this?"

James bowed his head. "Me my lady."

Dang his good-looking, an amazing guy, and could make some kickass drinks. Marie had it made.

I give him the okay gesture. "Perfecto!"

He shakes his head and chuckles at my weird self.

"Here, here! I concur." June takes another sip.

"Well now that you've tasted his drinks. Time for my juices!" Zules smiled cheekily.

"Honey. Nobody is allowed to taste your juices but me." Jules winks at him.

We all fake belch except for the happy couple. They just roll their eyes.

"Besides my brothers-in-law's weird self, why're these shots so scarce?" Marie grabs them happily out of Zules hands and throws one back.

"Yes! You go girl!" I encouraged her.

"Damn Marie. I didn't know you could hang. Thought becoming a Luna of such a big pack, would tame you!" June giggled hiccupping.

Shoot. To be honest I thought so to.

"Hey now, save some for everyone!" Zules grabs them back from her. He puts them in the air so her short self can't grab reach. To be honest, the tray contained plenty for all of us, so it was all in good fun. He distributed them one by one to each of us.

"Now let's turn this party upside down!" Jules exclaims.

June whoops to Jules declaration.

"No such thing will be happening. But to new beginnings my loves!" Marie pens to us. We clink our glasses together and threw them back.

"Hey now! I thought I was your only love?" James pouts.

She leans over and gives him a smooch. "Yes you are. I just have to lie to these silly gooses." She fake whispers pecking him again.

"I'm happy with that." He smiles satisfied.

I roll my eyes. They were too cute!

"Now ladies and gents. Repeat my earlier words in 5,4,3,2,1..."

"To new beginnings!" We yell unsynchronized.

"To saying bye to fuck-boys!" June adds. We clink to another set of shots.

"To saying bye to fuck to fuck-boys!" We all repeat in sync. Soon after many affirmations are made. I'm feeling pretty buzzed as we all crack up at nothing in particular. We all dance in one big group and enjoyed the night away. Eventually, we get approached by another partier.

-----------------------

OH OH... WHO COULD IT BE?;)