Good Eating

HERE WE GO LOVES!! Unedited!!

---------

After I got home I packed my car and got out locking it. I walked to the house and unlocked it letting the delicious aroma escape. Oh yes! Is she cooking what I think she's cooking? I dropped my bag and high tailed it to the kitchen.

"Mother are you cooking what I think you're cooking?" I put my nose in the air and took a big sniff and let out a happy sigh.

"Close your mouth child, before you breath all over my meat."

"Did you lock the door Nora?" I sighed exasperated. She was always so cautious.

"Mom this is one of the safest neighborhoods ever. Why do you insist on locking it?"

"Nora Elizabeth Summers you better go lock that door real quick." She gave me daggers and I put my hands up in surrender. "You know I don't trust that. People are willing to risk their safety, but I'm not."

After I returned I sat down at the counter. "Mom you're a werewolf."

"And? There are other werewolf's and goodness knows what."

My mom can be over the top time sometimes. I mentally rolled my eyes, because I would be stupid to do that for real.

"Soo whats the special occasion?" I decided to change the subject. I could never win an argument when it came to my mom and the fear of an unlocked door.

She looked away blushing. "What do you mean?"

Seriously? Were going with that. "I mean why are you all of a sudden cooking my favorite dishes? I know I haven't won the Olympics or nothing, so why?"

She sighed dramatically facing me. "Can't a mom cook for her lovely daughter without a hidden agenda?"

I thought about that before replying. "Yes she can cook for her, but not her favorite meals two nights in a row. It's very suspicious, if you ask me. So again, what's the special occasion mother?"

She threw her hands up. "Fine! I need a favor."

"You could have just asked me."

Her mom washed her hands and wiped them on her apron. "Well this isn't just a simple favor, its a big favor."

"Okay what is it?" I was kind of anxious to hear it. What could have my mom all rattled.

"So, I've been seeing this guy for a while now and I really like him. I was going to tell you yesterday, but after all you went through I didn't think it was appropriate."

Okay this wasn't bad. I was thinking it was something worse, but honestly I've been waiting for my mom to move on from my no good sperm donor. I just hoped this guy was legit, because he would be a fool to mess with my mom.

"You want me to meet him, don't you."

She paused unsure, before she made up her mind. "Well yes. Can you?" She looked at me with big dough eyes.

I got up and went to hug her. "Yes mom, I will. He better be treating you nice though!"

"Girl who you preaching to." She throw one hand up snapping it. This made us crack up, after we calmed down she told me to get some plates and cups from the cabinet and set the table.

As I set the table I looked at her. "So when I'm I meeting the mysterious John Doe?"

She brought the food to the table and set it down. I mentally wiped the drool from my mouth. The ribs and mashed potatoes sure did look as yummy as they smelled.

"Soon my love , but enough about my love life. How was your day today love?"

As we sat down to eat, I told her what transferred at school and about where we were volunteering for student council.

"Well seems like you had quite a day love." That we can agree on. I gathered the dishes and put them away.

"Well I'm gonna go finish coming up with plans for tomorrow and the coming week so I'll see you later. I went and hugged her.

"I can't wait to meet the guy who's stolen my mothers heart."

She hugged me back chuckling. "Me to baby girl. Now go on up to your room so I can start cleaning."

"Okay, but first question." She pulled back still holding my hands.

"What now?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"Okay, so his he a werewolf or...?"

She smiled nervously. "His human."

"Oh thank goodness! Werewolves are overrated." She laughed and gave me a quick hug.

"Aint that the truth! Now off you go!"

"Aright, alright." I let go and walked upstairs. "If I fall asleep, goodnight mom."

"Goodnight baby."

I ran upstairs and decided to lay back for just a minute.

Big mistake...