HOA: UNTIL IT HAPPENED

"Happy Anniversary, Love

"Happy Anniversary, Love." Klio kissed my back, I turned to him.

"Happy Anniversary. I love you!" and kissed him. And, now we're dancing under the moonlight.

"I have a present for you."

He pulled something from his back, and handed me a Red chrysanthemum flower. But, to my surprise it doesn't have any poems, gaya sa nakasanayan ko.

"No flowery words huh?" I said in confusion.

"Enough for flowery words today. But you know what that flower symbolizes?" he said with his sweetest voice.

"I love you." he whispered.

"Can you get the petals?" he added and I'm confused now.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Just do it!" he insisted

"But, Mother Nature will get angry?" pang aasar ko sa kanya masyadong seryoso eh. He just smirked and nodded his head.

"She will not, so come on, do it love." He's now smiling with that signature smile.

"Okay."

Sinimulan ko na ang pagpipitas ng bulaklak and to my surprise I saw something that makes me cry. It's a ring. I repeat . It's a fucking ring. He get it and knelt down and said, "Marry me, Leyra Madrid?"

Is this for real? The man I love oath a marriage with me. I am totally in a cloud nine right now.

Without any hesitation I said

"YES!" at isinuot nya sa'kin ang ginto at dyamanteng  singsing. It probably looks expensive.

"I promised to lov–"

Then it got black out. The next thing I heard is the sound of that lifeline device something basta 'yon yun.
I woke up, back at the hospital.

                                                     ***

"Klio!" They turned to me.

"Thanks, God! Leyra, you're awake again." I already remembered my mom and my sisters. I turned to them. They are both grown ups now. What did I miss?

"Reya and Kreya." They hug me gently. I saw mom is crying now. And, she called me by my name now. I looked around and Dad isn't here.

"Where's Dad." They just look at each other. Their mood suddenly changed, I can't define their expressions but it suddenly went sad.

"Leyra, Daddy's dead." When I heard that nanghina ako bigla. The tears from my eyes started to fall.

"No, It can't be." I insisted. Umiiling-iling ako sa kadahilanang hindi ito kapani-paniwala.

"Ate, it's true Daddy's gone." Kreya spoke. I looked at mom.

"When he found out about the incident that happened to you, he decided to book a flight to see your condition but their plane crashed, Leyra. He didn't make it. " Tuluyan na akong umiyak sa nalaman ko.

"Wait, ano bang nangyari sakin? And where's Klio?"

"You can't remember what happened to you?" Mom asked.

"I only remember that we're about to get married."

"Madam, your daughter can still hardly recall her memories from the past, she can barely remember some details but we can't assure that she will remember everything," the Doctor explained.

"Mom, answer me? Where's Klio?" I asked again and humagolgol na ang nanay ko.

"MOMMY PLEASE?" pagmamakaawa ko sa kanya.

"HE'S DEAD."

If you like this story please let me know by giving it a vote or at least give your thoughts on the comment section

If you like this story please let me know by giving it a vote or at least give your thoughts on the comment section. Thankyou. GODBLESS.