Chapter 5

It only makes sense that you stalk their online profiles and music for at least a few hours at home. You click around on your laptop, searching their music on YouTube. Surprisingly it was very recent that they only just released their first official album. A while before that, they promoted a pre-release single called 'How You Like That.' Insanely enough, the recent official video had at least 500 million views on Youtube. So why are they such a popular group?

     The answer becomes clear when you watch some of their official music videos. The songs were from their EP's, and are very fun to listen to. They even collaborated with some well known western artists such as Lady Gaga and Dua Lipa. Each song seems better than the last, and more addictive the more you listen. A lot was spent on their music videos, capturing your attention the whole time. The most popular one currently was 'DDU-DU DDU-DU' with well over a billion views on YouTube. You can't help yourself as you watch their popular dance videos, iconic concert videos (they were at Coachella???), heck even some hilarious 'crack' videos that fans made.

     Huh, their fan base is called the 'Blinks.'

     You just chuckle at that, it's pretty clever and cute. Each girl seems to have her own personality and style, and is very beautiful in her own way. It becomes easy to learn their stage names: Rosé, Jisoo, Lisa, and Jennie. And it's hard to choose just one to like more than the others, people shouldn't be biased anyways. That wouldn't be fair to the other members.

     You feel yourself genuinely liking them, they have such infectiously sweet personalities. A quick glance at your phone and you realize it's almost two in the morning.

    Oh shit.