Chapter 22

"I should really get going." You whisper into Rosé's lips and she giggles.

"You should," she replies. You both know that's not happening any time soon.

"I remember carrying an exhausted wobbly girl up the stairs..." you kiss her smiling lips.

"Funny enough, I don't feel so tired anymore." She slowly pulls back to adore your eyes. When you regard this beautiful girl, you wonder what it was that even made her interested in you in the first place. You want to ask, but somehow that feels like you're fishing for compliments. So you decide to keep the focus on her.

"Need I remind you about the concert you have tomorrow?" You ask.

"I have one almost everyday for the next month and half. I think I know.' Rosé retorts, then pinches your cheeks with her fingers. You giggle as she coos at you. 'Ahh you're so cute!"

For the past half hour, you two had been in a circuit of making out; playing with each other's fingers, hands, and hair; and talking about random things in between. You really do need to leave, but the girl kissing your lips is making it so difficult. You regard the television on the opposite wall of the room.

"Maybe some Netflix will make you fall asleep." You say, reaching for the remote control.

"Only if you'll watch it with me," Rosé replies. A smile crosses your lips as you nod at her, then she pats the empty area of the bed next to her. Another rush of warmth reaches your face. As you walk around the bed to crawl next to her, a sweat begins to build at your fingertips.

I really need to calm down.

But is that really possible? You can't shake the feeling of how wrong this is, that you'll end up in huge trouble if you're caught. However you can't help the excitement that is built within either. Rosé wants to do this with you, she said so herself. Or at least you thought she did, everything so far has felt surreal like a dream. But here the angel is, laying in her physical form right next to you. When you finally choose a show to watch together, (I think Friends would be cute but you can choose whatever) she's real to the touch as she snuggles against you. You move to wrap your arm around her upper body, letting your hand rest at her midriff where she takes it to hold with her own soft hands. Rosé rests her head on the front of your shoulder, and you lean so that your cheek rests against her head.

     Sighing together as you get comfortable, you inhale her sweet fragrance. It's so peaceful to be here. Maybe two episodes have passed by already. You grin at the way Rosé reacts to the scenes on the T.V. You even notice her calm breathing pattern and try to match it with your own. Before you know it, your eyes feel droopy and it's hard to stay awake. But you don't want to annoy Rosé when she's laying here so peacefully. You take one more breath before falling into a deep slumber.

•••

(Rosé's POV)

     Halfway into the third episode I begin to feel drowsy, and I'm wondering if I should just fall asleep on Y/N. Maybe she'll stay tonight if I do. I decide to softly call her name, but there's no answer. She had been quiet for the past while, I just assumed because of how interesting the episode was getting. Slowly I lift my head to regard Y/N.

     Oh. She's sleeping.

     Do people always look younger when they sleep? I don't see that intimidating, strong, confident young woman anymore. Right now Y/N just seems so small. I think about how she might have once been a fragile young girl, but now grown up she's become hardened to everything around her. Yet here she is, feeling comfortable enough to fall asleep with me. My heart feels full just by watching her, by hearing her sighs and deep breaths.

     Slowly I let her hand fall to my side and sit up so she can have some room to sleep comfortably. Moving back closer to my side, I turn off the T.V and pick up my phone to check the time. It is getting really late, but luckily I can sleep in tomorrow before starting the day. I glance at Y/N again, just to admire her. Still sleeping, she moves into a more comfortable position on her side.

Is it weird if I take a picture of her right now?

Tonight just feels too good to be true. Someone could barge in right now and take Y/N away from me. Tomorrow I could see headlines for a scandal and pictures circulating on the internet of us. Rumours spreading and my whole image goes into the drain. If only people knew what I truly felt in this moment, but they will never because they aren't me. They don't see the world in my view, they regard it from their own. I don't want them to anyways, this part of my life needs to stay private for my own sanity. Maybe after the tour, after a couple months I'll be able to come clean to the public. It'll give us the time we need to figure this relationship ourselves before letting the world see.

I turn off the lamp and set my phone down on the nightstand. Laying down again, I turn my head to just watch Y/N. I can just make out her figure in the dark. Her chest slowly rises and falls with each breath.

Sometimes I wish I could just escape it all. Every once in awhile, I imagine a small private island that I could peacefully live on for as long as I want. Away from the prying eyes of the public and the world. For the longest time, I had just imagined myself on that island. But now there's somebody else here with me, someone that I wouldn't mind being on my island too. Does this mean Y/N has become a special person for me? Would she even want to join me on that island?

     A certain song came to mind as I watched Y/N for who knows how long. One that I used to sing with Lisa all the time: Wake Up Alone by The Chainsmokers, featuring Jhené Aiko. The lyrics play on a loop in my head.

     Now I got cars, now I got clothes, now I got money.
     Now I got crowds screamin' my name sayin' they love me.

     I moved to South Korea and trained hard for so long. I've seen my fair share of tough times, but it all paid off when we finally debuted. Ever since then, my world had flipped and all the attention took a lot of getting used to. I don't think I'll ever be used to it, but rather that I've learned to live with it. I don't ever regret my dream of becoming an idol, I've come so far in my career, but the Kpop industry isn't all as glamorous as people make it out to be. There's a cold underlying layer that will destroy you if you let it. I'm extremely thankful for my members, but we'd be lying if we said we weren't lonely sometimes. I don't often get to see my family and friends, let alone find someone real to fall in love with.

     You got real close, say I'm not alone, you understand me.
     But late at night, when I close my eyes, the quiet scares me.

     I let Y/N become close to me. There's just something about her that puts her on my mind all the time, no matter how hard I tried to ignore it. The more I get to know her, the more I can feel myself falling. Y/N confessed her feelings tonight in such a way that melted my heart completely; she wants to be apart of me. But how can I stop her from leaving in the morning? What can I do if she decides to change her mind and tell me that she doesn't want this?

Will you still care in the morning?
When the magic's gone, gone, ooh?
And will you be there in the morning?
Do you stay when it all goes?
Or will I wake up alone?

I hesitantly reach with my hand to push a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"Will I wake up alone?" I whisper as loudly as I dare. As if in response, Y/N gently takes hold of my hand with both of hers to hold close to her face.

I almost freaking cry.