Chapter 66 - FINALE

Long read ahead! M-Rated (smut) warning will be given when appropriate. Stay tuned for the official soundtrack + epilogue as well.
____________________________

(Y/N's POV)

It's inevitable that Rosie would fall asleep for the rest of the ride back home. All of the events in the past 24 hours taking place one after the other combined with the fact that she got less than five hours of sleep in between have left her exhausted. You glance over, one eye on the road and one eye on her, and let her sleep.

Why are there so many potholes and bumps on the road? It's impossible to avoid some of them. You cringe and curse under your breath as you drive over a few, feeling sorry as you check on Rosie. It's a relief that she doesn't wake.

You drive to your apartment this time. It's not that there's anything wrong with Rosie's, it's that you can't let her out of your sight anymore. Not tonight at least. Certainly not while Ken could come knocking on Rosie's door or worse — enter because he knows her lock passcode.

After entering the underground parking lot, you pull into your designated spot and park. The engine dies down while the car turns off. You look over at Rosie again to find her still soundly asleep. You watch her for a bit.

Poor baby, she must be so tired.

It makes your heart feel so full to see her at peace. There's a strand of hair in her face, so you move it aside with your finger. Rosie sighs a little and, soon after, she begins to stir.

"Rosie." You tap her arm.

"Hm?" She hums, opening her eyes and narrowing them in confusion as she looks around.

"We've arrived."

"Oh... I fell asleep?"

You smile. "Yeah, you did. I was so bored."

"Were you?' She lifts her arms and stretches. 'I'm sorry."

"It's alright, I know you're really tired. Let's go up so you can sleep more."

"Yeah, I'd like that. But...,' she leans her head to check outside the windows. 'Where are we?"

"My apartment building. You'll stay at my place tonight."

Rosie looks at you and considers this for a moment. There must be something on your face she can tell means serious business because she nods her head after. "Okay."

As Rosie fixes her hood and puts on the face mask, you exit the car and walk around to open the door for her. She's a bit shy while she steps out, meeting your eyes with a glance and a giggle.

The journey to your apartment door is a quiet one. You stand with her in the elevator, feeling a certain sort of pressure in the air. It reminds you of those nights back on the tour when you'd be heading up to each other's hotel rooms. Nerve-racking — but exciting. Would it be asking too much to expect what happened after?

Finally, the two of you arrive. "Here we are. Uh, just a heads up by the way. I wasn't expecting anyone so excuse me if it's messy," you say.

Rosie shakes her head and smiles. "No worries, I wouldn't care either way. Come on already, I'm exhausted!" With a grin, you open the door and let her inside first before entering. "Shoes off?"