09 September- Zaroon

Today was one one of my worst days. First day of MA classes and so  much happened....

I was in a very good mood when I reached college 'cause of the weather. The first class was Sir Abrar's introductory class and I had never missed it during BA so how could I miss it now. And staying on good terms with him was compulsory. He was papa's best friend. When papa doesn't listen to me, he complies when I ask Sir Abrar to talk to him. Sometimes I think that man is supernatural. He knows about every thing I do. When I used to arrive late in class during my BA, he would prepare the reason for my lateness himself. He knew very well about what classes I skipped, what girls I was dating, which teachers like me and which are annoyed by me. Still, he never tells papa about my activities.

When I reached class there weren't much students. Islam and Farooq had already met me outside class. When I walked with them towards the first row, I noticed four girls sitting in the second one. I recognized two of them instantly. Asmara Ibrahim and Arzoo Masood. Both of them are cousins and I kinda like Asmara because she's really beautiful. She's frank and these kind of girls appeal to me. They see me and come out of their row. After greeting them I noticed the two other girls sitting in the second row. One of them had pretty eyes and the other was the one who insulted me.

Before class when I looked at the girl, I didn't notice any special quality which would make me to look at her again. Dressed in a pink cotton dress, she was wrapped in a large chaddar and her hand tightly gripped a ballpoint pen, with which she was continuously scratching on her file. Because I was talking to Arzoo and Asmara and would sometimes turn around to look at Farzana, my eyes would fall on her because she sat beside Farzana.

Sir Abrar smiled at me after entering the classroom. Two days before he had told me to think up new reasons for coming late to class because he was tired with the old excuses and I had assured him I would have plenty of new ones. I was on time for the class so he probably thought that I had changed my ways. Ha.

I knew Sir Abrar would ask for the girls' introduction first and I was curious about Farzana because I really liked her eyes. That's why I patiently waited for her introduction and when that passed I was no longer interested in anyone else's but when Sir Abrar said that girl looked small and she gave that silly reply, I automatically turned to the back and noticed that she really did look young. I gave some witty remarks on her answer and it made me happy, as always.

When Sir Abrar told me to introduce myself, I stood up and walked up to his desk. He was looking at me with a smile on his face. He probably wanted to know what I wanted. 

"My name is Zaroon Junaid. I have been schooled in Apisan where I achieved first position throughout.  Last year I won the college colour in sports and topped in BA. I participated in almost all of the activities that were held. Many of you are probably new in this college as well as in this city and I am an old student here. So if any of you need any help, then don't hesitate coming to me. Thank you."

I gave a detailed introduction and walked back to my seat. It was obvious from Sir Abrar's smile that he knew I was in a great mood. That's why when I sat down, he asked me, "What do you mean by this speech?"

"An attempt to win votes in the elections next year, sir."

This comment came from the least expected person. Kashaf Murtaza. After regaining myself after the initial shock, I turned to the second row and looked into her eyes, "Then should I expect a vote from you?"

"No, don't expect me to give you a vote at all."

I was surprised by her fast reply. "Then should I expect that, if I lose the election by one vote, that vote will be yours?"

"Why are you under the impression that you will lose by only one vote? I guarantee you, you will lose by a long lead."

"Why? How can you guarantee that I will lose by a long lead? Are you an expert in casting fake votes?"

"No, such professions suit you better. There are way better things for me to be an expert in. And people who have a habit of being under false impressions, always lose badly."

"Maybe you'll be proven wrong this time."

"Sure, let's see. After all a person can always hope, as in your case. Right?"

She was so abrupt in her talk. I kept quiet without wanting to. Sir Abrar was looking at me with a big smile on his face. That girl looked stupid at first glance. But now my thoughts about her have changed. She isn't as dim-witted as i presumed. I'll have to be careful while talking to her in the future so that I don't get embarrassed again.