24 October - Kashaf

Exactly one week ago, I gave birth to a baby boy. That night Zaroon had to go to a dinner but after getting ready he suddenly changed his mind.

"I don't know why but my sixth sense is telling me to stay at home and I think I should listen to it."

His sixth sense was quite correct. There was still one week to my delivery date but I had to go the hospital that same night. I shudder at the thought of what would have happened if Zaroon wasn't at home because I was in a lot of pain. He held my hand all the way to the hospital. If he had known the amount of peace the warmth of his hand gave me, he probably would hold my hand for the rest of my life. Before going into the labour room he had said to me, "Don't worry, Kashaf. Everything is going to be alright. I will pray to God for you."

Tears came into my eyes at his words. Ever since our marriage, I had never heard the word 'God' from his mouth. Maybe it was because of his prayers that I didn't need surgery even though the doctor had thought that I might have to go through operation. When I was shifted into the room, he came to me and for a long while simply held my hand in both of his own. He had been saying for many days before that he would name our first child, but when Taimoor was born, he gave me the honor of doing it. 

"You will name our first child, not me." He had said to me, and so I named my son Taimoor.

I just came home from the hospital yesterday.

I feel like my life has completely changed in this one week. Everything has become more beautiful, more bright. I feel that I have become stronger than ever. Taimoor seems to me the most wonderful boy in the world. Maybe every mother feels the same way about her son. I wish the rest of my life passes in the same way, without any problems.