Chapter 1

"I can't do this anymore!"

"Neither I!" The man yells back at his wife

"I was the one who raised her ever since she was a baby! And we've been raising her like a pig who has to die one day! To donate her heart to our daughter"

"Tzuyu's a daughter to me too... A child I wish to have"

"I can't choose between the two of them! I can't let Tzuyu die for Sana" 

Little did they know, the 10-year-old Tzuyu was listening to them. Hearing their argument- the child reveals herself in front of the two

"Choose her" The child utter

Sana's mother kneels in front of the child- and hugs Tzuyu "No, we can save you both"

Tzuyu shook her head "No... I heard Sana's doctor the other day, he says Sana has to undergo a heart transplant when the right time comes"

"Tzuyu you don't understand" Sana's father butts in his tears are now falling from his eyes

"I do understand sir" She again looks at the woman in front of her "I promise, I'll grow healthy and strong... So that Sana can have a new and healthy heart"

Sana's parents burst into tears- hearing the child's thoughts. The kid who they raised on their own

~

8 years after...

Tzuyu woke up because of a loud sound of thunder, she quickly got off her bed and ran into Sana's room.
She knows very well that the older girl is afraid of the sound of thunder. She didn't bother to knock, and quickly opened the door. Only to find Sana- sitting on her bed, both hands are covering each of her ears.

As soon as Tzuyu sat on the bed- she grabbed Sana's head and placed it on her chest.

< Sana's P.O.V >

I smell a familiar scent beside me, I don't bother to look as she pulls me and places my head on her chest.
This comforts me...
Without me knowing, I put down my hands- Not minding the loud sound of thunder.
I just know that I'm safe now- Now that she's here...
She doesn't have to say a word...
Her hug was enough to calm me, Tzuyu being here gave me so much comfort.

I tilt my head to see her, she is now giving me a simple but sweet smile while caressing my hair

"Stay with me as long as the rain is pouring"  I asked

"I'll stay even if the rain stops"

Tzuyu and I grew up together, I don't know where she came from... or even why did my parents take care of her...

All I know is she's family...

And I'm happy that she's here with me...

She continued caressing my hair until I fell asleep.