i think she was already planning your wedding

Lizzie looks taken aback as Josie's words sink in.

"You have like 30 seconds to explain before I drive to Hope's house and beat her up for taking advantage of you."

Josie's eyes widen. "She didn't! It was totally consensual."

"Then why did you look so scared to tell me you were with her? And why did you break up with her, if you go and make out with her a couple of weeks later?"

Josie tiredly sighs and decides to just give in. It was useless to lie now. The brunette twin takes her jacket off  and leaves it on her chair as she walks to her bed. She sits down on her bed and take a good look at Lizzie. Her twin is standing between their two beds, closer to her own and with her arms crossed. The blonde looks concerned, and it makes Josie feel bad that she kept everything from her.

"Remember when I came back from Breckenridge, we went shopping together." Lizzie nods, prompting Josie to keep talking. "At one point, I got tired and decided to go to the food court to rest and text Hope, and then Dana joined me." Josie glances at Lizzie, the blonde is frowning. "She knew about the fake relationship, she found my profile on the app."

"I thought you deleted it."

"I forgot. I explained that Hope and I were really dating now, and that the fake-relationship wasn't a thing anymore. She looked happy to hear that, and I freaked out when I realized why. She asked me to break Hope's heart."

"And you did. Why?"

"Because she knows something else. Her mother is your pharmacist. Dana saw you there one time, and she decided to sneak in to find what you were there for. She knows you're bipolar Lizzie." Josie sighs and closes her eyes. "She blackmailed me. I had to break up with Hope so she wouldn't send a picture of your pill bottle to every teenager in Mystic Falls."

Lizzie's arms fall to each side of her body. She looks totally shattered by what she just heard. Tears are filling her eyes and she can't look away from Josie.

"Y-you did that for me." Lizzie's tears spill. "You broke Hope's heart, and yours too in the process."

Josie shakes her head. "Not exactly. I told Hope the truth, I-I couldn't just tell her it was over." Josie chuckles. "Penelope wouldn't have let me."

"But still. You guys had to stay away from each other. Or did you see each other the whole time? Like tonight."

Josie quickly shakes her head. "No. I told Hope the truth, but I did break up with her. We couldn't stay away for long though. She came to see me when her team played against yours last week. You know, the day you violently smacked a ball into her face."

"In my defense, I thought she must have done something to make you break up with her."