03 | This Is War

I stood beside Bellamy inside the church, my eyes never leaving Diyoza and her people. One of Diyoza's men had gone back to their drop ship after we told them about the whole "killing all their people" thing. He was making sure we weren't lying.

"Colonel, it's me," the man spoke over the radio. "They're telling the truth. Somehow they blocked the remote access to the cryo-room and the pods. We can't wake anyone up."

"Do we have your attention now?" Bellamy asked.

Diyoza gave him a look as she spoke. "I don't know how you got on my ship, but if anything happens to any of my people--"

"Nothing will happen to them as long as we can make a deal," Bellamy interrupted.

I clenched my jaw slightly when the man behind us spoke. "I say we kill them now."

"If you even think--," I began spinning around to face the man but Bellamy grabbed my arm, shaking his head at me. I bit my tongue to keep from snapping.

I turned back to Diyoza to see her walking toward us. Once she stopped, she spoke. "What do you want?"

"We need your help opening a bunker," Bellamy stated. "You're miners, so that shouldn't be a problem for you. If you do that, we'll let your people go."

"And then what, happily ever after?" Diyoza asked doubtfully.

"Then we'll split the valley down the middle," Bellamy said. "Whether or not you're happy is on you, but I'd like to think that we can find a way to coexist."

The man behind us chuckled, causing both Bellamy and me to turn our heads. He stood from the chair he was in. My eyes stayed trained on him, ready to attack as he stopped beside us.

"Threatening to kill 283 of my people is one hell of a way to start a friendship," Diyoza stated.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I looked at the woman. "Do we have a deal, or not?"

°°°

I waited impatiently for the door to open. Diyoza had locked Clarke in a room on the dropship and we had been allowed to see her. A buzzer sounded and the door opened. My eyes fell on the blonde girl lying on the bench.

Bellamy was the first to reach her, pulling her into a hug after she sat up. "Oh, you're really here."

After a few seconds, Bellamy let go and allowed me to sit in his spot. I pulled Clarke into a tight hug. The girl hugged back with just a much force. I closed my eyes as I took in this moment; Clarke's actually alive. When I pulled away, I gave her a small smile.

"Madi?" The blonde girl asked.

"She's safe," Bellamy stated. "She's in the woods with the others. Diyoza won't look for them as long as we're in control."

Clarke's eyebrows furrowed slightly as she spoke. "You're all still alive-- Murphy, Monty, Raven?"

"Echo, Harper, and Emori, yeah," I said with a nod. "Clarke, you saved us all."

"And now you're home," the girl said, her voice breaking slightly. She pulled me into another hug. I grabbed Bellamy and pulled him in as well, the three of us embracing each other. After a few seconds, the blonde girl pulled away. "Wait. Why'd she release me?"

"We made a deal," Bellamy answered. "She agreed to open the bunker."

Clarke let out a small laugh. Bellamy held up his walkie and spoke, to Raven and Murphy who are still on the ship. "Raven, can you hear me? Come in."