18 | Josephine Prime

I kept my eyes trained on Russell as Bellamy spoke with him. He's speaking to the man about our compound we want to build. Turns out, as I had suspected, Josephine Prime had taken over my sister's body. I stood beside Miller with my arms crossed over my chest. I'm still pissed that he murdered Clarke and I'm not letting any of my friends near any of the Primes by themselves. Russell seemed a bit uncomfortable under my gaze as Bellamy spoke.

"So, in exchange for ignoring that you murdered Clarke..." The doors opened revealing Clarke-- I mean Josephine who walked toward us. "You build us a compound."

"What about the mother and child?" Russell asked. "Will they agree? What of her?"

Russell looked at me and I narrowed my eyes at him, clenching my fists. Bellamy glanced at me before speaking.

"I'll handle our people. How long will it take to build?"

I heard Josephine clear her throat, causing Russell to hold his finger up. I felt my anger building until I eventually couldn't handle it. Just as Russell was about to answer Bellamy's question, I spoke.

"I'm gonna leave," I blurted, causing everyone to look at me. "Before I do something I regret."

I kept my fists balled together as I brushed past everyone in the room and walked out. I need to take a breather. I can't be in the same room as Russell without wanting to kill him. He killed Clarke and Bellamy is the only reason he's not dead yet.

I made my way out of the palace toward the tavern. When I got inside, I saw Raven. She furrowed her eyebrows at me, probably noticing my expression.

"Aiden, is everything alright?" She asked worriedly.

"Everything's fine," I answered, stopping in front of her. "Bellamy and Miller are talking to Russell. I just couldn't be in the same room as him."

Raven nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. "Are you okay?"

I only nodded before walking toward the bar counter. Raven sat next to me as I answered her. "I'm fine. I just... Out of everything that's happening, only one thing has been good. Why can't we just have normal lives?"

The raven-haired girl beside me shook her head. "I don't know... Hey, what's the one good thing?"

I couldn't help but let a small smile tug at my lips as I glanced at the girl. "Bellamy-- he, uh... He proposed. And I said yes."

I saw Raven's face light up as a smile made its way onto her lips. "What? Aiden, that's amazing. Congrats."

The girl pulled me into a hug, which I accepted. "Thanks, Raven."

"I better be in the wedding," the girl suddenly said, pulling away from the hug, a serious look on her face.

I chuckled quietly as I nodded, causing her to smile. "You can be my Maid of Honor."

"Cool."

°°°

Raven had gone to Eligius IV with Abby to save Kane. I had stayed in the tavern and everyone else had come, meeting with me.

"Thank God she's still in there," Jackson said, relief in his voice. "It would've destroyed Abby."

"Question is, how do we get Josephine out?" Bellamy asked. Bellamy had found out that Clarke is still alive inside her mind but Josephine is in control.

"We need Raven," Echo blurted. "She'll know what to do."

"Raven's not here."

I turned to look at Madi, speaking. "Hey, we're gonna get her back." The girl nodded.