01 | Green's Green Goop

I let out a grunt as I swung my katana through the air. I had made a new one with some extra scrap metal we had lying around. It's been six years and seven days since we boarded the Ark. Every day for the last six years, I've trained myself, with Echo's help occasionally. Things have changed in that time; I eventually forgave Echo for trying to kill me, but it took longer for me to forgive than everyone else. After about four years, I could talk to her without wanting to strangle her or something. I still don't know if Clarke is alive...I'm hoping that the Nightblood worked and she's alive.

Murphy and Monty both got haircuts. Also, both Murphy and Bellamy have facial hair. Personally, I kind of like Bellamy with facial hair; makes him look like a real man. I also had Echo put a tattoo on my right shoulder with some supplies I had found.

"Hey," I heard Bellamy greet. I turned to him, a smile on my face as I wiped the bit of sweat trickling down my forehead.

"Hey."

"Just thought you'd like to know it's time to eat," he said as I sheathed my katana and placed it on the desk beside me. I gave him a nod before following him into the dining hall.

"Hey, the new and improved triple-g tastes better, and you know it," I heard Monty say when I walked into the room.

"Triple g? I asked as I sat beside Harper.

The girl smiled. "He calls this one Green's Green Goop."

"Better name, too."

I just shook my head as Harper passed out bowls for us.

"And if by better, you mean doesn't want to make you violently hurl, then, yeah, it's an improvement."

Monty sighed, "speaking of green. How's Eden?"

To the left, Bellamy was watching the small green patch on Earth. Or should I say, the only green patch on Earth. Bellamy walked toward us as he spoke. "Still just a dot... Emori, take a break."

Bellamy sat beside me as I glanced at Emori. She was in the control room.

"I don't know why you waste your time," Raven commented, shaking her head. "I told you, atmospheric radiation blocks radio signals. They're down there. We just can't hear them."

"We waste our time so they know there's a place they can live," Bellamy shot, crossing his arms over his chest.

Raven looked at him. "Ground radiation has been survivable for over a year. They can live everywhere."

I licked my lips slightly as the awkward tension grew until Monty broke it. "I think we can all agree that green... Is good."

Monty placed a bowl in front of me. In return, I smiled at him as Harper spoke. "Yes, he is." They kissed. When they pulled away, Harper continued. "But this stuff still sucks."

Simultaneously, we took a sip of our soup. As soon as the soup hit my tongue, I coughed with a look of disgust on my face. Sorry Monty, but I don't think this stuff will ever be good.

"Okay. Tomorrow, I'll try to boost the signal from the antenna," Raven blurted.

"Shotgun!" Emori shouted immediately. Monty opened his mouth, but he wasn't fast enough. "Haha! Spacewalk. Yes."

"I know the feeling, but I need an assistant who actually listens when I tell her to come in."

Emori leaned back in her chair, " I will do everything you say, I promise, no fun of any kind."

"Or we could just figure out a way to get to the ground, and we could tell them about Eden ourselves," Bellamy butted in. My lips formed a straight line and I placed a comforting hand on his thigh.