23 | Hope Diyoza And The Anomaly

"Octavia!" I heard Bellamy shouting outside the tent. "Octavia!"

I told Echo and Gabriel I was going to check on him, make sure he was okay. Walking out of the tent, I called out to him. "Bellamy?"

I was looking around when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Bellamy's unconscious body was being dragged away by an invisible force, causing my eyes to widen. No, no! I just lost my mom. I can't lose Bellamy too. "Bellamy!"

I took off after him, running past a large tree when something knocked me back with a lot of force. I gasped seeing as the wind was just knocked out of me. I let out a groan as I stood up, seeing Bellamy's body still behind dragged away when something hit me from behind, causing me to go flying again. I hit the ground with a loud thud, groaning in pain. I pushed myself up once again before I was knocked back again.

"Bellamy! Aiden!" I heard Gabriel shout. I looked up to see him and Echo running toward me. Gabriel was holding his bag and a gun when he and Echo stopped a few feet away.

"We're not alone," I shouted. "Go back inside. Watch the girl."

Echo shook her head. "She's already gone. Come on, we can still catch her."

Just then, both Gabriel and Echo were swept off their feet by the invisible force. I ran to them, helping them up.

"Something else came through," Gabriel stated.

I scoffed quietly. "Welcome to the party."

As I looked around, I heard Echo speak. "Where's Bellamy?"

"It took him toward the Anomaly."

"No, no, no, no, time's not behaving. We have to get to him first."

As Gabriel grabbed his bag, I grabbed the gun Gabriel had dropped, causing the man to look at me. "Aiden, you can't shoot what you can't see."

"Stop talking," I spat. "I'm opening up a path. Follow me."

I spun around on my heel, shooting in front of me as I ran into the woods, Echo and Gabriel close behind.

°°°

"Bellamy! Call out if you can hear me!" I shouted as I ran further into the woods with Echo and Gabriel. There was no answer. I breathed heavily as I hopped over a log on the ground.

The sound of Gabriel's and Echo's footsteps behind me ceased, causing me to stop and spin around, looking at them.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Gabriel glanced at me. "Making sure we're not being followed."

"Followed by what?" Echo asked confused. "Have you ever seen anything like that?"

The man shook his head. "No."

Just then, I heard crackling in the brush nearby. I raised my gun, pointing it in that direction. Suddenly, someone came at me from the left. I accidentally pulled the trigger but thankfully no one got hurt. I let out a groan as whoever it was swung at me. I dodged it before dropping my gun and throwing a punch at the person.

"No, Hope, stop!" I heard Gabriel shout.

A punch was thrown my way but I deflected it and brought my knee up to the girl's stomach, causing her to groan in pain. She quickly recovered and grabbed my arm, twisting it. I hissed in pain as the girl put me into a headlock.

"I don't want to hurt you," Hope hissed into my ear. She let go of me, shoving me forward. I fell to the ground with a thud, Echo coming to my aid.