17 | Mercy

Echo, Raven, and Emori had made it back to Sanctum and after I greeted them, the four of us made our way to the tavern, walking through the doors. Across the tavern, Murphy and Clarke were talking to each other.

"Family meeting," Echo muttered when she reached them, sitting in the chair beside Clarke. I sat at the end of the table. Something definitely isn't right. I haven't seen Bellamy in hours and it's concerning.

I thought he had just gotten back late, but he hasn't even checked in. "Where's Bellamy?"

"Why? What's wrong?" Clarke asked.

Emori spoke. "We ran into Jordan. Is it true? They're immortal?"

Murphy let out a light chuckle before speaking. "I'm sure he made it sound worse than it really is."

"They're murderers and body snatchers," Raven stated with a shake of her head. "How much worse could it be? We're out of here?"

Just as Echo and Raven stood from their chairs, Murphy stopped them. "Hey, hey, slow down. Where are we gonna go?"

"Murphy's right," Clarke said, causing us to look at her. "The plan doesn't change. We stay and learn as much from them as we can so we can build our own compound. Bellamy's out scouting a location as we speak."

I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion as I leaned forward. "Really? Why wouldn't he have said anything? And why would he go without me?"

Clarke clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth. "This whole body snatching thing just really lit a fire. He's out with a foraging party. Raven, Emori, and Echo were still with Ryker. You must've been asleep or something."

I narrowed my eyes, looking between Clarke and Murphy. "Why would you let him go alone?"

"Wait a second. Back up, Clarke," Raven interrupted before things could get heated. "You expect us to continue to play nice?"

No one said anything as I heard Emori sigh beside me before speaking. "We do still need Ryker to tell us how to bend the radiation field."

I turned to Raven, who shook her head. "No. I'll figure it out myself."

"Raven, I know this is hard, but we've all done things that we're not proud of to survive," Clarke suddenly said.

"I haven't." Emori gave the girl a look causing her to roll her eyes. "Fine. I'll try."

Raven turned and walked out of the tavern. I pursed my lips as Emori spoke once again. "I'll go with her, make sure she doesn't start a war."

Emori and Murphy kissed before the girl stood up and left the tavern. I inhaled sharply before standing from my seat. "I'm going after Bellamy."

I turned on my heel and left the tavern.

°°°

I followed a few feet behind a group of people from Sanctum as we walked through the woods. They were talking amongst each other, but I didn't bother listening to what they were saying. I let the bag on my shoulder slip so I could grab my map from it, furrowing my eyebrows slightly as I opened it. "Who goes scouting without a map?"

As I looked at my map, the sound of a man crying out in pain filled my ears, causing my head to shoot up. I set my bag on the ground as I followed the pain-filled groans. To my right, just behind a fallen tree was a man leaning against it. My eyes widened slightly as I knelt in front of the man; he had vines from the ground going into his face and hands.

"Mercy," he whispered weakly.

"I'll get you out of here," I said, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. I removed my hand before grabbing the man's leg and pulling, causing him to groan.