16 | Mind Swap

I yawned quietly as I was awoken by the sound of shuffling. I slowly opened my eyes and looked to my right to see Bellamy sitting at the edge of the bed, leaned over. He was probably putting his boots on. I pulled the covers over my still naked body, a small smile pulling at my lips from lady night's events.

"Hey," I spoke softly.

Bellamy turned his body so he was facing me. He gave me a small smile. "Morning, sunshine. How'd you sleep?"

I smiled when I heard the familiar nickname. "Okay, I guess. Where are you going?"

"To the tavern," the boy replied. "Wanna come with?"

I only nodded. Bellamy leaned over and pressed a loving kiss on my forehead before getting off the bed. "I'll wait for you by the door."

I let my face fall slightly, biting the inside of my lip as I climbed out of bed and pulled my clothes on. My hair was still slightly curly from last night and it was a bit of a mess so I ran my fingers through it. I saw a hairbrush in the desk across from me and grabbed it, brushing through my hair.

I slipped my boots on before grabbing my jacket and walking toward the door where Bellamy stood. I gave him a nod, telling him I was ready. As I pulled my jacket on, the two of us walked out of the house and toward the tavern.

°°°

"Yesterday she told me her favorite flowers were Calla Lilies." Jordan was telling us how, ever since Delilah became Priya or whatever, she's been acting strange. Jordan had given the girl daisy's, tricking Delilah. He said to her that her favorite flower was the daisy, but it isn't.

"Calla Lilies are nice," Murphy commented, causing me to roll my eyes. I stood up and went to the bar, asking for some Jo Juice as I continued to listen to Murphy, Bellamy, and Jordan. I heard Bellamy and Murphy laugh at what Murphy had said.

"I'm serious," Jordan said. I sat back down beside the boy, taking a sip of the juice in my cup. "Something happened in that reliquary. It's like she doesn't even know me."

"Just play it cool," Bellamy said, shrugging slightly. "She'll come around."

"Yeah, that and, like, maybe don't get flowers for a one-night stand."

"Be nice," I scolded the boys. They just shrugged it off as the sound of the doors to the tavern opened. It was Clarke and one of the guards.

I watched as Madi hugged the blonde girl before speaking with her for a moment. The young girl then spun around with a smile on her face. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly as Gaia immediately stood up, a looking of confusion on her face. Bellamy must've noticed as well because he stood from his seat and walked over to them. The three of them interacted before Clarke and Madi left the tavern. Bellamy walked back over to us.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

Bellamy let out a breath. "Clarke's letting Madi go to school?"

My eyes widened slightly as Murphy spoke. "Clarke's letting Madi go to school? Really? I find that hard to believe."

"Clarke barely lets Madi out of her sights, Bellamy," I stated, letting my arms rest on the table in front of me. "Why would she let her go to school?"

Bellamy was about to say something but my attention turned to Gaia who walked over to the table she had been at and grabbed her bag. I stood up and made my way to the girl. "Hey, slow down. What's this I hear about Clarke letting Madi go to school?"

Gaia shook her head, opening her mouth to speak but I saw Bellamy stop beside me, causing the girl to close her mouth. "She'll be fine, Gaia."

The girl gave him a look. "Fine? They gave Clarke a bodyguard for being a Nightblood, and she just sends Madi to school?"