30 | Gem9

PRESENT DAY

After Octavia, Echo, Diyoza, and I had taken off our helmets, the looks on our friends' faces clearly said they were confused with what's going on. If only they knew about the crap storm we went through.

I kept my face blank as Clarke's eyes landed on me before looking at Octavia beside me. The blonde girl still had her gun trained on Bill as she spoke. "Let them go."

The man spoke truthfully, "They're not my prisoners, Clarke."

"Great. Then here's the deal. I'll use the key to help you but only after you let my people return to Sanctum, all of them."

Bill was silent, looking at the four of us as he shrugged. "You're free to go with her."

None of us said anything until I decided to speak. "We're not going anywhere... We have a war to fight."

I have a plan and I have to follow through with it. Every single person on Bardo deserves what's coming to them. Clarke's face fell at my answer, confusion written all over her face. I clenched my jaw as I turned and walked out of the room, putting my helmet back on. Echo, Diyoza, and Octavia followed suit soon after, putting their helmets on as well.

I placed my hands behind my back as I watched Clarke take a few steps forward before pinning around, pointing the gun at the Shepherd's head. "What did you do to them?"

"We didn't do anything," Anders answered. They killed Bellamy, that's what they did. "They simply committed to the cause, ready to serve mankind in the last war."

Bill nodded in agreement. "A moment that will soon be upon us, now that you're here. With the help of the key."

Clarke lowered her gun, taking a step toward the man. "So here's the new deal. We talk to our friends alone. I don't even want to see your men in the halls. You want my help? Earn it."

Bill immediately spoke, his eyes not leaving Clarke. "First disciple Anders, have all nonessential personnel return to livsec."

"Sir, I'm not sure if that's--." Anders stopped at the look bill gave him. "Yes, my Shepherd."

"Good. Your Shepherd stays here. The rest of you out... Now!"

"In other words, get the flock out of here," Miller added.

"Go," Bill said to Anders. "I'll be fine."

Anders didn't hesitate to turn and leave the room, the rest of us disciples following him.

°°°

I had managed to take two people hostage in Octavia's room, and tied them to a chair. I had gagged them as well so they couldn't shout. This is the moment of truth. I'm going to get Gem9. I stared at the two people in front of me, waiting for Levitt to enter the room. Just then, I heard the door open behind me and someone stepped into the room.

"Aiden?" Levitt asked confused. I slowly turned around to face him as he came to a stop a few feet in front of me. "What-- I-- I don't understand. What's going on?"

"I need your help, Levitt. And if you don't help me, I'm going to make you."

The man studied me warily before shaking his head. "I don't understand... Why do you need my help? And why do you have two of my people tied to chairs?"