Chapter 13 - In Love Already?

Once again, I found myself in the Streets' mansion. Nothing was changed, everything was still kept neatly and everything still had it's beautiful gloss. I began to feel proud that I had a rich friend who would invite me over, allowing me to admire such beautiful sights.

As Aria requested, Zelo, Jongup, Youngjae and I were invited over to help Phoebe and Aria to paint her room. The boys showed off their manliness as they volenteered themselves to move the furniture in and out of the room. They made moving furniture look easy as they were able to smile and keep straight faces while carrying the heavy items. To be honest, there were times where I would sort of glance over to see Jongup's muscles flexing. That was another good sight in the mansion.

"I think that's all!" Zelo huffed, examining the almost bare room as he dusted off his palms.

"Great job guys!" Aria beamed, "Now, to paint!"

Everyone cheered and grabbed paintbrushed that were piled on the plastic-covered floor. A couple of buckets of a lavender-coloured wall paint sat on the floor with the lids off.

"Why the change of colour?" Jongup quietly asked, scratching his head.

"Mmm, I'm sick of my deep-red walls and besides, the paint was starting to chip off from some posters I put up." Aria explained.

"Any posters of us?" Youngjae winked.

"No, no k-pop." Aria admitted in a sort of annoyed tone.

Youngjae pouted then failed with a creeping chuckle. Soon after, everyone began to dip their paint rollers and brushes into each of the buckets. Zelo and Phoebe shared a wall, drawing little pictures on the walls that seemed to amuse them, Jongup on the wall beside their's with Youngjae in the corner, which was next to Aria and my wall. We all got to work without a word; beside the two youngsters.

While painting, I would come to notice Youngjae turn his head around to steal a few glances of me. I didn't mind as I started to get used to the rude stares from the six boys. It was weird, it was like they all shared the same habit of staring at people.

As we came to the end of our work, I felt a cold finger swipe against my cheek, making me gasp. My fingers felt my cheek, wiping off a bit of lavender paint. I looked up to realize Jongup uncontrollably giggle as he 'painted'. I let out a scoff, scooped some of the paint with two of my fingers and wiped it against Jongup's cheek. He quickly turned around with a gasp as I pointed at him, laughing.

"You come back here!" Jongup called, as I slowly ran in the spacious room. Jongup dipped his fingers into the bucket and chased me around the room with his painted fingers.

He managed to stop me by grabbing my arm tightly and using his painted fingers to leave me with another small smudge of lavender paint. Evilly chuckling, I ran to the paint bucket and dipped my whole palm and chased him around, making him run faster with a small girl scream. I couldn't help but laugh as I ran around the room to chase him. Being a decent runner, I managed to stop him and I finally took the chance to smear my painted hand all over his face. I earned amused laughs from everyone in the room as they noticed Jongup's lavender coated face.

"You suit lavender!" Zelo chuckled, pointing at his face.

Jongup gently spat without saliva coming out, but the paint removed from his lips. "Thanks dongseng, thanks."

As we all continued to amusingly laugh, I noticed Youngjae glancing at me again. I gave him a small smile before looking away to Aria. I also noticed that she seemed to look back and forth at Youngjae and I. I gave her a big smile and she exchanged one back.

'Does Youngjae have a thing for me?' I thought to myself.

_________________________________________________________________