Chapter 2 - The Migration

The next morning, I happily ate my breakfast feeling more mature. I realized that my parents were also acting way more different than how they usually do.

"How's you're breakfast?" mum asked making me feel very suspicious.

"It's -- fine." I slowly replied. Dad came into the kitchen and soon enough they both started smiling like awkward jerks.

"Err..what's wrong?" I said eyeing them both carefully. They both exchanged looks that didn't look good to me.

"Well, uhh-"

"We're all moving to South Korea." Dad quickly said, cutting mum off. I dropped my spoon while they couldn't help but continue to smile weirdly.

"It's for--work promotions!" mum awkwardly explained as she fiddled with her fingers. I was in complete shock. Moving to Korea? No, no, no.

"You're joking, aren't you?" I said letting out a hopeful laugh.

"Uhh, no." dad said after laughing awkwardly with me.

"Are you guys out of your mind?" I said starting tense up, "no one there can speak English!"

"I'm sure things will work out for you honey," mum said with hope, "anyways, this is a great opportunity to test your independence."

"Yeah. In Korea?" I said defending myself.

"Well, you don't have a choice, you're going." dad said sternly.

I sighed as they both walked back to their offices. My parents were very busy; especially with work and all that. Both my mum and my dad worked for the same company as CEO's. I really never paid attention to what they actually do to earn the money, but they sure did do a fair bit of paperwork.

"Did mum and dad tell you?" my brother, James said as he entered the kitchen to prepare his breakfast.

"Uh, yeah." I said sighing.

"I bet Korea would be pretty fun!" my other brother, Isaac said as if it was a good thing.

James and Isaac are twins, but they are very different to eachother. For example, Isaac was one of those football jocks at high school while James spent his lunchtimes at the chess club. Now, they're both twenty-two enjoying life as it goes.

"Well, I'm definitely not going to enjoy this." I said running a hand through my jet black hair.

"There will be cute guys there!" James said winking.

"You're so gay James!" Isaac said shaking his head with disappointment.

"Anyways, you better start packing," James suggested as he poured some milk in his glass, "were leaving tomorrow." I choked on my Coco Puffs after what he had just said.

"Tomorrow?" I exclaimed as I spat some milk out of my mouth.

"You know mum and dad, leaving important things to the last minute." Isaac said taking the seat opposite of mine. I rolled my eyes and washed my empty bowl that was once filled with chocolate Coco Puffs.

_________________________________

"You're what?" Skye shouted over the phone as I packed my things in my leopard print luggage.

"I know, it's crazy." I said emotionless.

"Can I please be kept away in your luggage?" she playfully asked.

"Yeah you wish!" I said laughing.

"We must have a sleepover then, tonight at mine!" Skye suggested in her usual low tone.