Chapter 18 - After Party

Straight after BAP's showcase finished, all the VIPs were invited to attend the afterparty. The party was held at a nightclub, allowing Zelo, Phoebe, Jongup, Aria and I as an exception to join in. While the club was packed with many people, Zelo and Phoebe sat at the well-decorated garden outside as they shared some ice-cream from inside. Aria and I didn't know what to do as we weren't that much in the mood to be partying.

"So what do we do now?" I slowly asked Aria who was folding her arms and looking around the club.

She shrugged her shoulders with an unsure look. "Mmm..I dun--"

"Hey!" Bang's loud voice made us both jump. Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup smiled and waved at us as they followed Bang. They all hungrily eyed me, besides Youngjae who seemed distracted.

"So, how did you find the performance?" Himchan asked, flicking his head up in a flirtious manner.

I turned my head to Aria, gesturing for her to answer. She gave me wide eyes, bouncing the gesture back.

"It was--better than I expected." I answered. The boys nodded their heads with satisfaction.

"Well, make yourself comfortable here!" Bang said, eyeing the crowd of guests, VIP fans and celebrities. I slowly nodded my head with a fake smile.

"Hyung! Let's get drinks!" Himchan tugged onto Bang's arm, pulling him away. Bang left with Himchan, shooting one last smirk at me. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms like a stubborn litle kid.

"Umm...is there any--alcohol here?" Aria hesitantly asked no one in particular, looking into other people's glasses.

"Yeah!" Youngjae answered, offerring her one. "Want one?"

Aria's eyes widened as she slowly shook her head. "Uhh, no thanks. I don't--do alcohol."

Youngjae's facial expression changed from relaxed to embarrassed. He scratched the back of his head as he shyly laughed. "Oh, sorry...really...I'm s--sorry.."

Aria chuckled and nodded her head. "It's fine. You didn't know."

Youngjae relaxed his shoulders and chuckled too. I felt a gentle nudge on my arm. I turned around to find Daehyun with his usual, charming smile on.

"Hey." He said in a more lower tone than usual.

"Hi!" I smiled brightly. The dim and colourful lights created some kind of sexy aura, making Daehyun's change of tone mix well.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked, pointing his thumb towards the bar behind him.

I let out a nervous chuckle as I scratched my head. "Well, I'm not really used to alcohol yet and--"

"No need for the long explanation," Daehyun half-chuckled, pressing his finger to my lips, "I'm not fond of alcohol either."

He slowly lifted his finger off and smiled. I blinked a few times and looked to the ground. What is this feeling? Argh.

"It's just--how do people like the bitter taste of it?" Daehyun scrunched his face while shrugging his shoulders.

I scoffed as I agreed with him. "I know right. Some people only drink alcohol if they mix soft drinks in them. What a waste!"

"I know hey. If they want to add soft drinks in, they might as well just drink the soft drink it self." Daehyun added.

"But--maybe they have it with alcohol because they like the feeling after." I pointed out, tapping my finger on my chin and nodding to the ceiling.

Daehyun stared at me with a blank look. "I thought we were having a coversation against alcohol?"

I looked at him, only realizing his sarcastic, blank expression. It kind of intimidated me, so I let out a small and cheeky laugh. Not long after, Daehyun shook his head and chuckled.