[Chapter Thirty-Six]

Chapter Thirty-Six

“So you’re really my girlfriend now?” he asked and I nodded in agreement, in a way it felt natural to be with him, like this was the logical next step but at the same time I didn’t just want him to be with me for the baby.

“I guess I am.” I told him making him smile. He leaned over and kissed me gently making me smile against his lips, he could be so freaking sweet.

“Good.” He pulled back and we laid in the pile of beanbags side by side, it was comfortable.

“So boyfriend, I’ve told you all about me and I think it’s time you told me more about you.” I’ve answered more than enough of his questions and I want my answers now.

“What do you want to know?” he asked me

“Who’s your best friend?” I asked, I’ve never really seen him overly social with any particular people, almost like he didn’t actually have friends but that couldn’t be right.

“I have two.”

“Do I know them?” I asked curiously and he grinned as he nodded

“We’re an odd group to say the least.” He hinted

“Are you going to tell my these mystery friends?” I asked amused

“Rob Shook and Evan Mathews.” He said and I didn’t know what to say, those were the three people I would never see being friends but I guess looks cold be deceiving.

See, Damon is incredibly attractive with his shaggy brown hair, bright blue eyes and toned body. He’s popular but he’s not the sports playing popular type, he’s popular because his supposed reputation and appearance which is probably not the best thing but all the girls want him, well almost all, and the guys want to be him for that reason.  Then to top it all off he’s intelligent which make it even better.

Then you have Rob, he’s even taller than Damon with short black hair and huge muscles from years of sports and hitting the gym, he’s hot too but in a more in your face type of way. He’s the football and baseball team captain and he’s not the brightest guy but not exactly dumb. He’s known for sleeping around and not in the rumor kind of way that Damon is.

You never see Damon with a girl on his arm where Rob has one every week, everyone knows how he is but some girls are too desperate to resist. He’s a complete player and completely annoying.

Now, I can kind of see them bring friends, popular and all but then you throw Evan Mathews into the mix. Evan is, for lack of a better word, weird. He’s incredibly quiet and never talks to anyone, he always sticks to himself and a lot of people pick on him and call him emo but he doesn’t seem to care. He has longer black hair with even brighter blue eyes than Damon, he has snake bites and as I said before, keeps to himself. I’ve never see him socialize with other people, ever.

I don’t know him personally but it’s what I’ve heard and observed from him over the years.

They were a very odd match, I’ve never seem them talk to each other.

“Weird indeed, how does that work?” I asked him and he shrugged

“We’ve been friends since we were kids, I lived here when I was little and we stayed in touch, when I came back we all reconnected again and we’re all really close.”

“He’s kind of a hoe though.” I said and he laughed

“Yeah, he does tend to keep a variety of girls but he’s actually a really good guy when you get to know him.” I shrugged, Robs been hitting on me since sophomore year off and on, it was actually a little irritating that he thought I would be so easy.