[Chapter Thirty-Five]

Happy Birthday Danielle! @EpicFailure

Chapter Thirty-Five

I was exhausted after the day that I had so he told me to go take a hot shower and he went to hear up brownies for us to have something to snack on, so far we hadn’t lost power which was a miracle but I wasn’t going to comment on it and jinx it. I quite liked being warm.

I heard a knocking at the door and I turned to see him coming in with a hand over his eyes as he looked down to navigate the room.

“Damon.” I said feeling weird, I mean, I was naked and sure he’s seen it all before but what I if I wasn’t attractive to him or something, I don’t know, I’m just, ugh.

“I brought you a towel.” He said and I noticed I had forgotten those.

“Thanks.” I mumbled as I shut the nice hot water off and instantly felt the cold sink into my bones.

“I’ll just, uh.”

“It’s alright.” I said and he looked up at me and I stood there kind of uncomfortable but I mean, if we were to be together this shouldn’t be a big deal, he turned bright red as he adverted his eyes and then glanced back.

I walked over to him and grabbed the towel to wrap it around my body and the second one for my hair.

“Uh, hi.” He turned bright red making me smile

“Damon embarrassed, I didn’t think I would see that day.” I teased him and he groaned

“It’s just, it’s different. I see you so much differently.” He said and his eyes watched me as I moved around the locker room. I slid underwear on under the towel and dropped it long enough to pull a t-shirt over my head and then pull on my sweats.

“Why?” I asked him and he blushed and adverted his eyes.

“It’s just; you’re the mother of my baby. It’s different. I can’t say that I love you yet but it almost feels like it, like it’s wrong not to because of who you are to me now.” My heart fluttered at that ‘L’ word.

“I didn’t expect you to be with me just because I’m pregnant and I don’t expect you to love me.” I told him and he nodded and he took my hand to pull me out of the locker room and we went back upstairs where brownies and milk were calling my name.

“There are so many things I want to say.” He said after we ate breaking the silence.

“Just hold them all, sleep on it and think about it and if you still feel like saying it, do it tomorrow.” I suggested, I couldn’t take anymore tonight, no more.

“Okay.” He agreed. He went to take dishes while I called Alexis and my parents even though it was really late and Damon came back and called his so everyone knew we were all okay, they were worrying and I didn’t blame them, plus it was nice to hear their voices.

“Are your parents okay?” I asked him

“Yeah, they’re fine. How’s Alexis?” he asked

“Her and Mason are fine, safe. They’re out of power though but we do have a generator but I’m sure they’re willing to cuddle up for warmth.” I smirked, I suggested it which left Alexis to yell at me in embarrassment but it was so cute.

Mason and Alexis were now, finally, officially a couple.

“How about you, want to cuddle?” he asked suggestively and I shoved him away.

“No, it’s hot.” I said and he nodded before pulling his shirt over his head and I didn’t even try to hide my staring. We had the heater so high up it was killing us but we figured if the electricity goes off we would stay warmed just that little bit longer.