Chapter Forty-Eight

Pack members of the Silvercrest pack gathered together in a clearing. They stood barefoot in the grass as they patiently waited for their Alpha family to join them. Lily, Jackson, and Adrienne stood in the cover of the trees. Lily held Charlie's hand tightly to make sure she didn't run off. The whole pack knew they were there, but they remained hidden from their sight. Lily wanted to pace as they waited for the guard to bring Weston, but she ignored the feeling. She really wanted to get this over with.

The guard arrived with Weston still in silver chains. Nora followed closely behind them. Weston's expression was blank but Lily knew that he was pissed about what was about to transpire. "Just a reminder," Jackson spoke to his father, "if you try to escape or attack anyone, you lose the right to your choice and will be executed immediately."

Weston only nodded and Jackson gave the guard the approval to remove the chains from his wrists and ankles. He along with Nora made their way out in front of the pack first while Jackson, Lily, Charlotte, and Adrienne followed behind them. Weston cleared his throat and the pack settled down, "good afternoon members of the Silvercrest Pack. Myself and Luna Nora have brought you here today to announce that our son will finally be taking over as your Alpha and his mate, your Luna. We will also be welcoming Charlotte into the pack as well." The pack erupted in cheers of excitement. Lily looked out at the crowd that had gathered to see many elated expressions among the many pack members. "Jackson has successfully completed his training and has surpassed all our expectations of him. His mate brings a lot to the table and we expect a lot from her."

The ceremony welcoming Lily and Charlotte to the pack went first. The packs cheers were so loud it made Lily want to cover her ears, but she wouldn't. She was glad they had approved of her being there. It made her feel like she was wanted and that she belonged. Once that was over, Lily led Charlotte back to their spot next to Adrienne as they watched Jackson's introduction as the alpha transpire.

Jackson's heart filled with pride seeing his mate smile as his pack welcomed her as one of their own. He waited anxiously for something to go wrong but it never did. The afternoon continued without any unwanted disturbances. He took his oath to put the needs of his pack and mate before his and to protect them with his life, then cut open the palm of his hand as his father did the same. They both held their palms up and pressed them against each other as if they were doing a high-five. He felt the Alpha power surge through him as it left his father's body. When the cuts healed both Jackson and his father turned towards the pack who were quieter than mice. Weston was the only one to speak, "welcome Alpha Jackson Tyler."

Once again the pack erupted into cheers as Jackson was introduced as the new Silvercrest alpha. He was happy he would finally be able to lead the pack the right way, unselfishly and with his mate. He was more excited to be able to lead the Luna ceremony and have Lily join him in the ranks though. He looked back in her direction and held his hand out for her to join him front and center. When she was finally by his side, he placed a kiss on her forehead.

Lily smiled, excitement and nervousness coursing through her veins. Ready? Jackson asked her.

Ready as I'll ever be.

The Luna ceremony was the same as welcoming a new Alpha. She took an oath to lead by her alpha's side, to put the needs of her pack and mate before her own, and to protect the members of the pack before she and Jackson cut into their palms repeating the same process Jackson had just gone through. Lily could feel the shared power between her and her mate. She loved that they were able to share this moment with one another. She kept her attention on Jackson as he locked their fingers together and turned them out towards the crowd. He looked so happy, so proud in that moment. Jackson truly was a blessing in her life and she wasn't about to let him go any time soon.