Chapter Forty-Seven

The next day Jackson and Lily made their way back down to the cells. There was an odd air around them; both were tense questioning which route Weston would take. At the same time they were a bit relieved that this was almost over and they could move on soon.

They sat in the same place they did the previous day as they waited for which decision he had made. Lily was curious if his decision would prove him to be more of a coward than she thought, but when then he said "I will hand down the Alpha position to my son and spend my days down here." Lily should have known better than to hope he'd chose the other option.

"Alright then." Jackson glanced to the guard behind them and he handed him a note pad. "You will write down the names of all who helped you betray the Luna and this pack. And they'll be punished for their crimes as well."

Lily saw the veins bulging in Weston's forehead; it looked as if they were about to burst. He must have thought they were stupid enough to lay all their cards on the table. To tell him everything each option included. Was it deceitful? Maybe, but with all Weston had done it didn't matter. He deserved it, and much worse.

She heard him let out a low growl as he began writing and had to hide the smirk one her face. Serves him right.

Jackson and Lily sat silently as they waited for him to finish his list of names and slide it over to them. The list held the names of fifteen other pack members. Jackson could barely control his anger as he read the names which held some of the most respected warriors, guards, and teachers. It frustrated him that they could so easily forget their morals and the packs past; that they couldn't do the right thing.

Lily gently took the list from him and wrapped her hands around his clenched fists. Look at me. One of her hands cupped his cheek as he did what she said, let's deal with one thing at a time. I'll be right beside you the whole way through. She told him, sending a smile his way.

Jackson nodded and relaxed a little, Dylan. Organize a pack meeting for later this afternoon.

Lily turned towards Weston, "someone will escort you to the pack meeting taking place later this afternoon. Your chains will be removed right before the meeting begins. Any funny business and you've given up your right to the choice you made and is cause for your execution."

She then walked out with her mate trailing behind her like a lost puppy. He loved how she took control of the situation and was able to be strong and keep a level head when she needed to. He was so lucky that he was hers to love for the rest of their lives. "You are one incredible woman, you know that?" He told her when they were far enough away from the cells.

Lily looked back at him to see a goofy smile on his face, "oh please." She dismissed what he'd said to her.

He quickly stopped her in her tracks, wrapped his arms around her waist, and gently pushed her against a tree, "I mean it, Lil. I couldn't have asked for a better mate. You are so perfect for me."

"I am far from perfect, Jacks."

"Maybe to other people, but not to me. With everything that life has thrown your way. With Carter, Nikolas, and my dad. You've managed to come out on top. I admire you and your strength so much." He told her.

Lily hastily wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips against his. Their tongues tangled together as they forgot about the world around them. All that mattered in that moment was the two of them.

They separated and Lily tested her head against Jackson's chest as he placed a kiss on her forehead. I love you, Jackson.

"I love you too, Lil."

~

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Jackson asked his mate.

Lily looked at him incredulously, "of course I'm sure! Why wouldn't I be?"

Jackson scratched the back of his head, "I just don't want you to feel pressured to do anything you don't want to."

"I don't feel any pressure. Are you okay?" She asked him.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just-what if I'm not ready yet?"

There was about half an hour left until Lily and Jackson's family stood before the pack. Lily would officially become a pack member, Jackson would be the Alpha making her the Luna, and then they would tell the pack of Weston's betrayal. The mate bond was buzzing with anxiety as the two of them worried about how everything was going to be perceived.

"We can't let your father continue to lead after all he has said and done. And we can't let the pack be without a leader, someone holding them together. We have to do this. Whether we're ready for it or not." Lily said to him. She was sure that it wasn't what he wanted to hear, but it was what he needed. It wasn't fair that they had to take over so soon; they were still young and deserved a chance to act like it. But Lily knew this was the right thing to do, as did Jackson. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but they could get through it... together.

"I know. And I'm sorry that it has to be this way."

"None of this is your fault, Jacks." Lily assured him.

His brows furrowed and he nodded. Jackson pulled his mate towards him and wrapped his arms around her waist. He nuzzled his face into her neck and inhaled her vanilla and orange scent. I can do it, he thought to himself. Together, we can do anything.

~~

Hey, howdy, hey!

Another update for ya! Aaannd I've got another random question:

For those who have seen, watched, or listened to Hamilton, who's your favorite character? Which is your favorite song (if you have one)?

My favorite character is either Jefferson or the King. My favorite song is probably "Washington on Your Side"

I'm curious about your favorites!!

TM