Chapter Fifty-Two

Mature themes ahead 😏 You have been warned!

Jackson rushed out of the car to the door of Harper's home. More than ready to see his mate. He had canceled all his meetings and anything Lily had originally planned so he could spend the rest of the day with her. He also asked if his sister would watch Charlie for the rest of the day, which Adrienne happily agreed to. He eagerly knocked on the front door and waited. When there wasn't a response for several minutes, he began to panic. He tried mindlinking Lily, but she didn't respond. The only thing keeping him relatively calm was the fact that her scent was strong and lingering.

Jackson knocked again, louder this time, but there was still no response. Fuck, he thought to himself. He peeked inside from the window beside the door to see if he could spot her. When he didn't see her in the kitchen, he moved his gaze toward the living room. He sighed in relief when he saw her leaned up against the back of the couch. Charlotte was in her arms fast asleep and Harper was sitting next to her. He knocked again and immediately went back to the window to see if there was any reaction but when there was no movement from the three of them, he quietly opened the door and shut it and made his way over to them.

Jackson gazed at his mates sleeping form on the couch and he didn't want to move her, worried he would wake her or Charlotte from their nap. Even in her sleep, Lily was gorgeous; she looked so calm and relaxed. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead then carefully maneuvered Charlotte from her arms so neither of them would wake. Charlie moved a bit as she made herself comfortable in his arms but her eyes never opened. Jackson brought her to the car and buckled her into her car seat. He then headed back inside for his mate. He gently lifted Lily up from the couch and walked with her out to the car. He sat her in the passenger seat, then buckled her in before going around to the other side of the car, getting in, and driving carefully back to the pack house.

Lily woke up as the car came to its final stop. For a moment, she was confused about her surroundings but quickly recognized that she was at the pack house. She turned her head towards the drivers side and Jackson was looking at her with a smile on his face. "Hey," Lily said as she smiled back at him.

"How was your nap?"

"It was good. Does Harper know that we left?"

Jackson shook his head, "she was asleep on the couch when I got there. I didn't want to wake her up or scare her."

Lily yawned and nodded, "that was probably for the best. I'm just going to text her so she knows we're okay."

Jackson's smile widened and he got out of the car to grab Charlotte who was still sound asleep. As he unbuckled her and picked her up, she nuzzled into the crook of his neck and wrapped her arms around the back of his head. He then began making his way into the pack house.

Lily smiled at the sight of the two of them. She could tell how much Jackson cared for Charlie and it warmed her heart to see that they were so close. Lily quietly followed behind her mate who only stopped when they reached Adrienne's door. She looked at him, confused as to what he was doing but Jackson only smiled. I have plans for us the rest of the day.

Lily rolled her eyes, oh? And when were you going to tell me about them?

Jackson just shook his head, amused with Lily's reaction. After dropping Charlotte off with Adrienne and chatting with her for a few minutes, Jackson grabbed Lily's hand and gently tugged her downstairs.

Lily giggled as he pulled her along, still curious as to what was going on, "where are we going?" Jackson said nothing and continued moving until they were outside at the tree line of the forest.