Run x Trap x Ruby

Titania's POV 

We were all tried from the marathon we ran. When suddenly a man claimed that he is the examiner, and that Satotz is an imposter. "Look at this..." Said the man. Then he pulled the monkey out of his bag and threw it to the ground. 

"He looks just like Satotz-san!" Said Gon. 

"It's a Man-Faced Ape, one of the creatures that dwell in the Numere Wetlands! Man-Faced Apes love the taste of fresh human flesh. However, their limbs are long and thin, so they're quite weak. That's why they disguise themselves as humans. They trick humans into following them into the wetlands, where they team up with other animals to kill and devour them. He intends to trap every single applicant!" The man explained. 

Then suddenly, cards went flying through the air and killed the man. The cards also went in Satotz's  direction, but he caught them all. The one who threw the cards was Hisoka. "I see, I see... That settles it... You're the real one. Examiners are Hunters selected by the committee to perform this duty without pay. Any Hunter bearing the title we seek, would have been able to block that attack." Hisoka explained. 

"I shall take that as a compliment. However, should you attack me again, for any reason, I will report you for turning on an examiner. And you will be immediately disqualified. Are we clear?" Said Satotz. 

"Sure." 

"So that man was Man-Faced Ape, as well." I said. 

"He was attempting to confuse the applicants, to lure some of them away. You will be encountering such deception on a regular basis. I believe that a number of you were into suspecting my identity? Do you understand? If you lose sight of me in the Numere Wetlands fog, you will never reach the exam's Second Phase. Do bear that in mind. Then let us be on our way. Please follow me." Satotz explained, then we all started running again. 

"Tsk, another marathon." Said Leorio. 

"And we're running through marsh this time. Running on wet ground requires more energy." Kurapika explained. The fog suddenly appeared and was getting thicker by the minute. "The fog is getting thicker. Hey, Titania." 

"Yes?" 

"Can you see in this fog?" 

"No, darkness I can do. But when it comes to fog. I'm as blind as a bat." 

"Leorio! Kurapika! Titania! Killua says that we should move up!" Yelled Gon. 

"Moron! If I had the strength I'd already be there!" Yelled Leorio. 

"Don't worry about us!" Yelled Kurapika. 

"We'll be fine!" I yelled, and we kept on running. "We can't even tell which way we're going." 

"It's okay. As long as we don't lose sight of the guys ahead of us..." Said Leorio. The the people in front of us started to disappear, one by one. So we stopped running. "What's going on?" 

We soon saw that the people around us were being eaten by Noggin. Luggin' Tortoise. "This looks bad..." Said Kurapika. 

"We have to run for it!" I yelled, and we quickly got out of there. 

"We've lost sight of the front-runners." Said Kurapika. 

"Which way should we go?" Asked Leorio. "Stop." Leorio whispers, stopping both me and Kurapika. "Over there..." Leorio pointed to someone in the distance. It was Hisoka. 

Hisoka was surrounded by a group of men. And the headed for a straight on attack. And Hisoka killed them all at once with a single card. "Well? Care to participate, in me little game of examiner?" Said Hisoka as he looked at us. Then he started walking towards us.