twelve

// edited //

Ross

"Travel safe you two!" my mom yelled at Ellington and I as we gathered our things for the big trip to New York. "Don't worry Stormie, I'll keep Ross and Laura under a watchful eye," Ellington promised.

Mom smiled but something tells me that she has her doubts about Ellington, and I mean, who doesn't?

"Just stay safe! And for you Ross, stay away from alcohol!" Rydel yelled at me. I frowned. "Rydel, I wouldn't do something like that, especially on a business set trip," I said strictly, knowing that the goal of this trip was nothing music related, but girl related.

Nobody knows I broke up with Rose yet, and I really want to keep it that way. I don't need anyone worrying about me and what is going on in my personal life.

The only goal of this trip is to try and win Laura back. Not as a girlfriend, but as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

After saying all of our goodbyes, Ellington and I got into Rydel's car and started our journey to the airport.

Laura was meeting us there, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even show up. We haven't exactly got along since she got back, and that's what's going to be the hard part of this trip. My mind is telling me to get Rose back and move on from Laura, but I don't want Rose, being with her is just me walking on the safe side and not caring about having Laura back in my life.

Laura though, she won't let me through to her, and that's another challenge I have to face. How am I supposed to rebuild a relationship when I can't get through to the girl?

My thoughts were interrupted by Rydel turning off the engine. I looked to my right to see a giant building and realized we were at the airport. "Well, here we are! Good luck you two, I can see Laura sitting in the empty chairs right there," Rydel stated and I looked out the window to see the petite brunette sitting on the chair reading a book.

Her hair was curled, she was wearing stone washed blue skinny jeans, and an oversized sweater with black converse.

"Thanks Rydel," Ellington spoke up. "Yeah, thanks for the ride," I said, grabbing my headphones.

"Look, while you guys are gone, Riker, Rocky and I are going to be in the studio 24/7 preparing for the new stuff you guys are going to be composing in New York. I want you guys to know that this is a big deal, and you can't just treat this like another vacation, you need to get work done. Remember, we also have fans all over New York, so keep your reputations clean," Rydel warned.

"Thanks for the pep talk," Ellington said before hugging her and going to grab his things. I was about to follow him when Rydel held me back. "Keep her safe. Don't let anything happen to her, I don't care about whether or not you have a girlfriend or if you hate her, you just better do it," she said sternly. I nodded my head.

After hugging Rydel and getting my stuff, Ellington and I walked into the airport towards Laura.

"Hi," Ellington said.

Laura looked up and recognized the fact that we were there. "Oh, hi," she said, forcing a smile onto her otherwise straight face. "You, uh ready to go over to security," Ellington asked, a change of tone in his voice. "Sure," Laura agreed without hesitation. She stood up and grabbed her lugggae and followed us over to security.

"Uhm, hi," I said quietly to her. She looked at me and then back down at her book. "Hey," she responded. At first, I was suprised that she replied back, but on the other hand I was beyond happy that she cared enough to reply back. Mixed emotions I guess you could say.

"Next!" A security worker called and I walked forward. She smiled at me. "Are you Ross Lynch?" she asked, as she grabbed my passport. I was about to answer when she spoke again. "Ah yes, you are, says right here. My daughter loves your band, it's quite an honor to meet you," she said, stamping my passport and handing it back to me. "Thanks," I smiled and moved to the next section.

"Please put your things in here," a man said, handing me a container to put my things in. I nodded and started putting my belongings in there. I turned around and saw Laura talking to a worker and was then given the same container I had. She looked up at me and scrunched her face into a cute little confused look and playfully stuck her tounge out at me.

I cracked a smile and returned the look before finishing security.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura, Ellington and I have been sitting outside our gate for about 50 minutes now waiting for our flight to board. I've played cards with Ellington, guess the song with Laura, and Heads Up with both of them. So far, I guess you could say it's been a pretty great start, but with my luck, something will go terribly wrong.

I just hope it doesn't involve Laura.

But it will, and when something happens, I'll take action to the promise I told Rydel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY YOU GUYS OMG ITS BEEN OVER A WEEK SINCE MY LAST UPDATE SO I HOPE THIS MADE UP FOR IT. I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR THE DEDICATION I PROMISE I'LL TRY MY BEST TO MAKE SURE THIS WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

Happy New Year though!

comment and vote, I want to hear from you guys, I promise I'll respond (:

much love,

haileexoxo