five

// edited //

Ross

"Today I feel like running naked through your street, to get your attention (your attention) woah oh oh, I broke up with my girl so tell me where to meet, did I mention? Woah oh oh

I dream on, dream about you what can do to make you feel alright? Baby I don't wanna see you cry, no oh,

I wanna see you smile

"And, that's good! Take fifteen everyone," Mary, one of the producers told everyone. Riker and I exited the recording booth and walked over to the rest of the band. We played back the track and it really sounded great, the only problem I have is that Laura wrote all of that first part, and as much as I hate to admit it, the song sounds great.

That little brunette was sitting in the corner of the room, frantically writing down lyrics in her little brown book, smiling at some, and erasing ones that she must not like.

God she was beautiful.

I don't want to admit that but why deny the truth? It seems like just yesterday we were in class laughing at my biology textbook because there was like a frog giving birth or something. I remember all the little things, but I gurantee you that Laura forgot everything and on top of that couldn't care less what memories we have together, she just wants to move on with her life.

I soon realize that I'm staring and try to disconnect my eyes from Laura, but they won't. I literally cannot stop looking at her. I take in her features, what she's wearing. Her hair has grown, and it still holds firm blonde ends within her solid brown locks. She's wearing light pink jeans, white converse, and a white t-shirt which shapes her nicely.

I'm stuck in some sort of trance, and before I can look away, her eyes meet mine, searching for reasons as to why I'm spending a five minute break staring at my ex-girlfriend. Her soft gaze turns into a hard glare as she narrows her eyes at me and shakes her head before disconnecting from my eyes and turning her attention towards something else.

"Ross!" I hear someone call my name as I turn around to see Rose running into my arms. I open them and embrace her sweet scent as she wraps her arms around me. "Ross! You didn't tell me you were in the studio today!" she said, hugging me tighter. I squeezed back and held her like my life depended on it, not really remembering what just took place.

Then I heard a cough from behind me. "Ahem, if you two are done here, we have tons more work to do," Laura said, smiling bitterly at me, then at Rose. "Oh, I'm sorry, uhm who are you exactly?" Rose asked. "I'm Laura, one of the member's on R5's songwriting team," Laura said, avoiding my eye contact. "Oh, sorry Laura, I understand. See you later Ross," Rose said before leaving the room. I sighed before realizing that Laura and I were the only ones in the room.

Well, I guess it's now or never.

"If you have a fricking problem with me wanting to spend time with my girlfriend then maybe you should leave," I said, standing up for myself. Laura just laughed. "Hah, yeah your 'girlfriend'. That's bullshit Ross, you and I both know you're dating each other for publicity," Laura said and I froze. That is technically true, we started dating for publicity, but that's not the point anymore.

"Shut up, you don't know that," I retorted. She scoffed. "I read the article Ross. Something that cheesy couldn't have just happened. I know you Ross," she said, which almost made me blush, but it didn't. "You know what Laura, you really don't know me anymore, so just shut up," I told her. "Oh please, I know you inside and out, you haven't changed one bit, you're just putting up a guard. If anyone here has changed it's me," Laura said. Anger rushed through me, and I ran up to her and pushed her against the wall.

"Ross!" Laura gasped, scared at the sudden impact. "Laura, you will never be able to understand how much I've changed, so, you can happily take your little college diploma and go find a job somewhere else," I said harshly. She smiled. She would never smile at something like that. Maybe she has changed. "You think that I wanted this job? You're dreaming, Shor. They asked me to come here, so you can try and chase me away, but I'm not going anywhere," she said smugly.  

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You aren't going to come in here and mess up my life and everything I've worked for in the past three years, especially my relationship," I warned, pushing her further into the wall. I could tell I was making it harder for her to breathe.

"As if, I have no intention of trying to do anything. I'm just here to write songs, so take your bullshit and tell it to someone who cares," Laura spat, gasping for air afterwards. Those words kind of hurt, but like I was going to show it.

"Just stay out of the way," I warned. She was gasping for air, but yet still responded, "Don't count on it," she said before dropping to the ground, unconscious from lack of air. My eyes widened knowing what I had just done.

I picked her up and sat her on the chair, making it seem like she just fell asleep, as I paced around the room.

What were you thinking Ross? You could have killed her!

I know, but I just got so mad. I knelt down beside her, whispering in her ear. "Sorry," I said before picking her up, and slowly leaving the room and placing her in a closet outside of the studio. I locked the door and walked away like nothing ever happened. 

"Ross, time to record," Riker said, notcing Laura wasn't anywhere near by. I started to panic. "Where's Laura?" Rydel asked. I shrugged. "Who cares?" I said, entering the booth. Rydel and Riker looked at each other weirdly before Riker entered the booth with me and Rydel left the room.

If she finds Laura, I'm dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh snap shor, what did you get yourself into.

thanks for over 1,000 reads (:

haileexoxo