The Best Damn Sandwich

I ran into one of the girl's bathroom slamming my back against the door as it shut behind me. I couldn't stop my breath from shaking and I swear my eyes were about to pop out of their sockets. I heard the clicking of heels before I saw the witch herself. Kristy sneered at me and stopped in front of me. (And I thought we were on good terms... Well you can never trust crazy bitches now can you?)

"Ew what's wrong with you?" She said if I were some sick or defected animal. I scowled at her.

"I didn't sign up for this soap opera shit!" I blurted out before I could stop myself. She just looked at me funny and pushed me aside as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Freak." She said before the door closed.

I walked out of the little hall and checked under the stalls to see if anyone else was here. When the coast was clear, I went back to lock the bathroom door so I wouldn't have to deal with anyone else. When I was done, I slid my back against the door; my toes just barely touched the other side of the wall.

You know when you're feeling like shit and the only thing that can cheer you up is, if the guy of your dreams knows you're upset and comes to your rescue. But, that rarely ever happens and it's usually your quirky best friend who does something stupid to make you laugh. (Or your mom) Well I could use either of them right now. I missed the normal things I used to do with my best friends; like singing in street (even if I am tone-deaf) at late hours of the night or talking about random topics like what would happen if there was a zombie apocalypse. I felt a warm tear streak down my cheeks and I quickly wiped it away. My thoughts came to a halt when I heard someone calling my name.

"OZ!" I made a small gasp and held in my breath. It was Mr. Oakland or Benjamin or whatever that monster's name was. "Oz come on out we need to talk!" (Like hell we did!)

"Oz!" I heard my name again, only this time there were two people shouting it. I froze and it was dead silent for a beat.

"Mr. Oakland? What are you doing here?" I heard Trevor's voice and I relaxed a little.

"Looking for Oz have you seen her?"

"Well I wouldn't be shouting her name if I knew where she was, but why are you looking for her." Trevor inquired skeptically.

"She stole my lunch and is probably eating it in the bathroom right now." Mr. Oakland lied. (That Fucker! He gave that to me for free!)

"Yep. That sounds like Oz, alright." Trevor said with a lighter tone in his voice. Mr. Oakland was going to persuade him to to leave and I couldn't have that. I pushed myself off the ground and unlocked the door. My hand gripped the handle, but I paused for a minute as Mr. Oakland spoke again.

"I am guessing you're her owner, which means you know she's not just a normal human." Trevor didn't say anything so Mr. Oakland continued. "If you really cared for her, you'd know, she could never truly be yours. One of these days you're going to have to set her free. She's not meant to be caged." Mr. Oakland spoke as if he was talking from past experiences

"Look man, I don't know why you feel the need to tell me how to care of my pet, but I don't need your advice. And if you really knew who Oz was, you'd know she is capable of taking off when ever she damn well pleases."(Meh it's a little hard to do with a collar around my neck that tracks my every move.) "So would you just back the hell off!?! She is my pet and my responsibility."

"Fine. I've got to get to another class so, I'll leave the rest of the search up to you." Mr. Oakland said clearing his throat. (FINE!?! Are You Kidding Me! If he was really part of the organization then he defiantly had something up his sleeve.) "I'll go, but don't think for a second that I won't be back." It was silent as Mr. Oakland left. And I never saw or heard from him for a long while.