The Garden

“Why do you keep doing that?”

“Doing what?” I said looking up from my food. Of course I knew what he was talking about. I just thought if I concentrated really hard on one thing I might not “catch” anything.

“That!” he said pointing at my face.

“Oh it’s nothing.”

“Is it the same nothing that happened in the woods?”

“Um… Yea…” I started to shift in my seat. Trevor is getting close to a touchy topic.

“Care to explain?” He said inching his chair closer as if to hear my tale.

“Ah… It’s… complicated…”

“C’mon just tell me!” (My G-d nosy much!) “I am not! I’m just curious… Not many things strike my interest so consider yourself lucky.”

“Get out of my head! You know I was going to tell you, but now I’m not!” I said sitting up crossing my arms.

“Fine then I won’t give this back to you.” He put his hand in his pocket and took out my screw driver.

“Hey! That’s mine Give It Back!” I tried to reach for it, but he was too quick. (If you think we’re going to play cat and mouse again then you’ve got another thing coming!) I sat back in my chair and crossed my arms.

“You shouldn’t pout, it makes you look ugly.” He said grinning

“Screw off!” I said getting up with my food and walking to another table.

“Ha I see what you did there!” he said following me. (Gah! Leave me Alone!)

“I don’t wanna! This is too much fun!”

“Fine, sit down and shut up!”  I rolled my eyes. (Here we go…On second thought) “First give me my screwdriver.” He threw it at my face. (Ow…)

“There now tell me.”

“Fine. But instead of telling you, I’ll just show you. But after I do you can’t ask me about it.”

“Whatever deal, just show me!” he was staring intently into my eyes. I smiled. This was going to be hilarious. Within seconds my food was all over his face. He just sat there in shock. I got up and left. I couldn’t stop laughing after I left his face was too funny. Every so often I would get weird stairs from people, but it only bothered me a little. (Because let’s face it people! No matter how many times a person says that they don’t care what anybody thinks, it’s a lie even if they truly believe it because subconsciously we all want to be accepted. It’s not our faults that society is screwed up and judges people harshly. It’s what we do about it that defines us…) (Wow I’m deep…)

After the philosophical chat with myself, I was beginning to realize I was completely lost. But, instead of getting agitated like I usually would I just kept walking until I’d find something familiar. Unfortunately that never happened. Instead, I found myself heading near a relaxation garden. Everything look welcoming there was even a little Koi pond in the center and the flowers were beautiful bright colors of red, yellow, orange, and purple.

There was a bunch of old patients, but I didn’t mind much because old people are nice and always have stories to tell. And if there’s one thing I love more that delicious ramen it’s a good story. I walked toward a lonely old woman in a wheel chair. She had short grey hair, but what caught my attention were her eyes she had one normal copper eye and the other had black blotches. When she finally noticed me she smiled sweetly. I smiled back.

“Hi I’m Oz.” I said, sitting down on the soft, grass getting ready to listen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry I'm late and this is short. But i have essays to write and you guys never write me so i think we're even. No, but seriously a message once in a while would be awesome. There is some truth to this chapter. During the summer a bunch of my friends and I signed up to visit a nursing home. And I really did meet this lady she was so sweet. My friend and I even stayed after a little to help her get to her room. We got in trouble for being late, but I think it was worth it.