Year 4 - 33

The music was playing from the arena, but Cassiopeia wasn't playing any attention. She was sitting in the changing rooms, alone. She'd got ready for the task, but wanted a moment to gather her thoughts. She had her head in her hands and didn't know that anyone had entered the room until she felt the hand be placed on her shoulder. She turned to see Draco sitting there, she sat up and leant into his open arms. He wrapped his arms around her and placed his head on hers.

"Are you alright?" He asked her.

"Not really." She replied.

"Despite the obvious, what else is bothering you?" He asked her. She shifted her gaze to her boyfriend.

"What if something happens in the maze? What if someone dies?" She asked him. He sighed and looked down to her.

"No one's going to die. They upped the safety this time due to the history of the tournament." He replied. "Besides, I'm sure there'll be teachers patrolling the edge."

"I hope you're right." She replied, turning into his embrace. He placed a kiss on her forehead.

"So do I." He whispered. "So do I."

"Ms Reid, it's time." Professor Snape's voice sounded from the entrance. The pair turned to face him as he walked closer. "Mr Malfoy, could you give us a moment?" Draco nodded and then gave Cassiopeia a final hug and kiss on the forehead.

"It'll be okay. I'll be right in that audience ready to congratulate you." Draco told her. He pulled her in for a final kiss before walking out the room. As he left, Professor Snape also brought the girl into his arms.

"Just like he said, it'll be alright." The Professor assured her. She shook her head in his chest.

"What if it's not? No one can know what's going to happen tonight." She replied. He pulled away and put his hands onto her shoulders, looking into her eyes.

"I do. You're going to go into that maze and you're going to emerge as the Triwizard Champion." He replied. She looked up to him and sent him a tired smile.

"My money's on Harry." She told him.

"You really don't give yourself enough credit." He told her. "And for the record, you should know. Minerva and I placed a bet. My money's on you." He pulled her in for a final hug and kissed her forehead. "Good luck, Cass. And stay safe."

"I will try." She replied. He nodded and together the pair walked out to the arena, waiting in the doorway as everyone was called in. Everyone was walking in in pairs. First was Cedric and his dad Amos Diggory, then was Fleur and Madame Maxime, then was Krum and Karkaroff, then was Harry and Professor Dumbledore and then finally Cassiopeia and Professor Snape. As the group of ten split into their pairs, Cassiopeia had the chance to look around the arena stands. Everyone was split. There was those wearing the colours for each contender, and then there was those sporting two or more colours. Cassiopeia looked to see William still in the crowd, out of her family he was the only one to stay. Lyra wanted to but considering how late the task was in the evening, everyone thought it was best she went home with Ara and the twins. Lucius also had to make his way home. William delivered her a smile and a nod, which she returned. Cassiopeia then turned her sights to see most of the Slytherins there wearing green to support her, or green and brown to support her and Krum. Looking around there was mainly red and green, meaning her and Harry. But also a lot of yellow for Cedric and some mixtures of those three. Considering those are the Hogwarts contestants' colours. Cassiopeia looked to see Amelia wearing green and red. Cassiopeia smiled at the girl who sent her a wave and also waved to her cousin who was sitting with the others of her house supporting the colour green. Professor Dumbledore walked to the middle podium and started to address everyone once the music had died down.