Year 3 - 37

"Expelliarmus." A voice sneered from the entrance of the room in the shrieking shack, everyone turned to see Professor Snape disarm Sirius.

"Vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I would be the one to catch you." Professor Snape sneered.

"Severus-" Professor Lupin attempted to start, but then Professor Snape turned his wand on him.

"I told Dumbledore that you were helping an old friend into the castle. And now he's the proof." Professor Snape sneered.

"Brilliant, Snape. Once again you've put your keen impetrating mind into a task and as usual have come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to." Sirius snapped back at the Professor. Professor Snape just put his wand at Sirius' throat.

"Give me a reason, I beg of you." Professor Snape said.

"Severus, don't be a fool." Professor Lupin replied.

"He can't help it, it's habit by now." Sirius replied.

"Sirius, be quiet." Professor Lupin said.

"Be quiet yourself, Remus!" Sirius snapped.

"Well, listen to you two, quarrelling like an old married couple." Professor Snape sneered.

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set." Sirius replied.

"I could do it, you know." Professor Snape said.

"NO!" Cassiopeia yelled, her voice breaking. Everyone looked to her and saw a look of sadness on her pale face. Professor Snape's eyes softened, but only Sirius and Cassiopeia noticed this. "Don't become a murderer just for your old childhood enemies."

"She's right, and besides why should I deny the Dementors. Who are so longing to see you." Professor Snape replied. Sirius' eyes held fear. "Do I detect a flicker of fear? Oh, yes. The Dementor's kiss, one could only imagine what one of those would be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best."

"Severus, please." Sirius begged. Professor Snape just pointed his wand to the door.

"After you." He sneered, he then looked to the students in the room and gestured with his head for them to go first. But Harry held up Hermione's wand towards Sirius. For a moment everyone thought Harry was going to attack Sirius, but he turned his wand on Professor Snape.

"Expelliarmus!" He yelled, and Professor Snape went back into the wall with a crash.

"Harry, what did you just do?" Ron asked.

"You attacked a teacher." Hermione said in shock. Cassiopeia just ignored the looks she was receiving as she walked over to where her godfather was slumped against a wall. She put her hand on his bleeding head and muttered a healing spell under her breath.

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew." Harry demanded, pointing Hermione's wand at Sirius and then Professor Lupin, then back between the two again.

"Just like Cassiopeia said, he was at school with us, we thought he was our friend." The Professor said.

"No, Pettigrew's dead." Harry said. "He killed him." Gesturing to Sirius.

"No, he didn't. I thought so too until you mentioned seeing him on the map." Professor Lupin said, getting in between Harry's wand and Sirius.

"The map was lying then." Harry said.

"The map never lies." Sirius said. "Pettigrew's alive and he's right there." He pointed to Ron.