Year 3 - 40

"What now?" Harry asked the group as they made it deep into the forest.

"Save Sirius." Hermione replied.

"How?" Harry asked.

"Not sure yet." She replied back. Harry tied the chain holding Buckbeak to one of the tree roots sticking out from the floor and the group of students rushed up the trees to get a few of the Whomping willow. This is where they saw Professor Lupin coming towards the tree.

"Look, it's Lupin." Hermione commented, and they watched as the professor casted an 'immobulus' charm on the tree and made his way into the tunnel under the roots. "And Snape's coming." Hermione added, seeing the second figure coming towards the tree. He too disappeared into the passage under the tree and left their sight.

"And now we wait." Harry commented.

"And now we wait." Cassiopeia replied with a nod. The group then sat on the floor, watching the tree.

~*~

After a little while, Cassiopeia and Amelia had moved over and leaned against a tree. Amelia had her back against the tree while Cassiopeia laid on the floor with her head in Amelia's lap. Amelia was stroking her friend's hair while she was resting her eyes. Harry and Hermione sat together the other side, just watching the world around them. A moment passed and some bats flew past the group and out of the forest, they looked back to see Buckbeak eating some.

"At least someone's enjoying himself." Hermione commented.

"Yeah." Harry said. They then turned back around, and Harry started fiddling with his hands. He noticed Cassiopeia seemed asleep, so he addressed the other two. "Hermione, Amelia, before, down by the lake when I was with Sirius, I did see two people. Those people made the Dementors go away."

"With a Patronus." Hermione said. "I heard Snape telling Dumbledore about it. According to him only really powerful witches or wizards could have produced it."

"It was my mum and dad." Harry replied. "It was my mum and dad that conjured the Patronus."

"Harry, your parents are-" Amelia started.

"Dead. I know." He snapped. "I'm just telling you what I saw."

"I believe you, Harry." A small voice said, they turned to see Cassiopeia stirring.

"You're just making fun of me." Harry said irritably.

"No, Harry, I'm not." She replied. "When you lose somebody, there isn't anything that can bring them back, even in a magical world like this. The only way that they live on is through those who knew them, those who choose to remember them, and those related to them. Your mum and dad may be dead, Harry. But that doesn't mean they're not here. That doesn't mean they've abandoned you, they're there. Even if not in the way you want, they're still there. Living on through you. I'm not sure who you truly saw across the lake, Harry. But your mum and dad would have been there, they would have been there for you. You've just got to have hope and remember them. If not your Patronus will never form." They all looked to her in shock, and then Harry looked away in thought.

"Thanks, Cass." Harry said. She gave him a grin.

"Anytime, Harry." She replied. The group then went back into silence, but not for long.

"Here we come." Hermione said, standing from her seat. The others follow suit. They looked to see the group coming out of the willow.

"You see Sirius talking to me there?" Harry asked. The group hummed in acknowledgement. "He's asking me to come live with him."

"That's great, Harry." Amelia said.

"We'll be free. And I'll never have to go back to the Dursley's." Harry said, a smile on his face. "It'll just be me and him. We could live in the country. Some place you could see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban."

"That sounds great." Cassiopeia replied. But then before Harry could reply or continue his dream, there was a light. And the moon began to rise from behind the mountains. From their place they could see Professor Lupin changing, and they could see him starting towards the group. However, Cassiopeia focused on where herself was standing. She didn't want the others to see her turn into her Animagus form, for she'd hoped that they'd been in too much of a shock to put two-and-two together. But she watched as stepped back and turned into a white wolf, perfectly out of view. Cassiopeia let out a breath she didn't even realise she was holding. She felt Amelia squeeze her hand in support, and she delivered her friend a smile. They watched as Professor Lupin, the white wolf and the dog fought.

"Let's go." Harry said, rushing around the corner, the others following. They heard the sounds of both the white wolf and the black dog whimpering in pain. But then saw past Harry throw a rock at the werewolf. Cassiopeia's eyes widened, she hadn't realised what made the werewolf turn away from hurting her, she just knew something did. The werewolf then started to approach Harry, so Cassiopeia did the first thing that came to mind. She cupped her hands around her mouth and howled. Harry pulled her hands away. "What are you doing?" He questioned.

"Saving your life." She replied, howling again.

"Thanks." Harry replied. But then they watched as the werewolf began to run towards themselves. "Great now it's coming to us."

"Yeah, I didn't think about that bit." Cassiopeia replied. "Run." And with that the group started running away, they ran and ran until they came to hide behind a huge tree. They tried to keep their breathing quiet as they edged their way around the tree as they saw the werewolf move. They heard the howl get further away, so they moved further around the tree. Coming to a halt when they heard a branch break from behind them. They all turned in fear as they saw the werewolf coming towards them. Hermione shielded herself away, and Harry put a protective arm over her shoulder- bringing her close. Cassiopeia did the same to Amelia, she didn't care if she was hurt as long as her friend was alright. But just before the werewolf could do any damage, Buckbeak came out in front of the quartet and hit the werewolf in his face with its talion. Buckbeak flapped his wings as the werewolf attempted to come closer, exclaiming his claim on us. The werewolf whimpered and retreated, running away from the group and further into the trees.

"That was really scary." Hermione whimpered.

"Poor Professor Lupin's having a really rough night." Harry commented, hugging Hermione. But there was then some cold winds, and they looked up to the sky to see many Dementors heading in the same direction. "Sirius, come on." Harry said and the group ran towards the lake. As they made it to the edge they looked on the other side to see the Dementors hurting both Harry and Sirius.

"This is horrible." Hermione commented.

"Don't worry. My mum and dad will come. They'll come and conjure the Patronus." Harry replied, so sure of it. But across the lake the pair continued to be affected by the Dementors. "Any minute now. Right there. You'll see."

"Harry, listen to me. No one's coming." Hermione replied.

"Don't worry, they will." He replied. "They will."

"You're dying. You both are." Amelia commented. At that it finally clicked in both Harry and Cassiopeia's mind. Together, with no need to ask the other, they ran forwards.

"Harry!" Hermione called.

"Cass!" Amelia called. The pair just ran to the edge of the lake.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" The pair called out together. Their wands raised in the air and their minds set on their happiest memories. Straight away a magnificent bright light came from the ends of each of their wands. One in the shape of a stag, the other a phoenix. The Patronuses chased away all of the Dementors, and saved Harry's past-self and Sirius. Harry and Cassiopeia looked to each other with a smile. But then remembered there was another innocent life to save.

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

-Zoe