Year 3 - 15

Cassiopeia and Professor Snape separated as they entered the Great Hall. Cassiopeia made her way to the Slytherin table, while Professor Snape went to the teachers table. She sat beside Draco, and he put a hand around her waist.

"Cass?" Blaise asked, she looked to him. "What was that about?"

"Oh, Professor Lupin sent an owl to the school saying that I fainted, so I had to go get checked out by Madame Pomfrey." She explained. They nodded.

"Did you hear? Potter fainted as well." Draco said to her. She looked to him.

"And let me guess, you teased him about it?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. He nodded, she rolled her eyes. "Don't forget I fainted as well."

"Oh yeah. Whoops, guess I forgot. Oh well, too late now." He replied, actually liking that he teased Harry. She rolled her eyes and put a kiss on his cheek to show that she didn't mind, well she minded but she knew it wouldn't change anything. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"When did this happen?" The pair heard Pansy sneer from not too far away. They looked to her, and also saw that many of the other students in Slytherin were watching too.

"The summer, why?" Draco replied.

"Nothing." Pansy replied. But they both knew it wasn't nothing. Millicent comforted her friend, as she knew that Pansy had a 'thing' for Draco.

~*~

After everyone had eaten, Professor Dumbledore then came to the centre of the stage, behind his podium.

"Welcome! Welcome! To another year at Hogwarts! Now before we all go off to our wonderful beds, I would like to say a few words. First, I would like to welcome Professor R. J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck Professor." He said, and with that Professor Lupin got up and did a small bow. No one on the Slytherin table clapped, except Cassiopeia and Amelia. Everyone looked to them in confusion.

"Why are you clapping? Have you seen the state of him? He's so poor." Pansy sneered at Cassiopeia.

"He's also the one who made the Dementors on the train go away. And it doesn't matter if he's poor, he's good at his job." Cassiopeia replied. Pansy rolled her eyes.

"And now our Care of Magical Creatures Professor, Professor Kettleburn, who has been in the post for many years, has chosen to retire an spend more time with his remaining limbs. I am fortunate to announce, that this post will be taken by none-other than our own Rubeus Hagrid." Professor Dumbledore said, and Hagrid stood up- making the table move forward. The students clapped, but not many from Slytherin. Cassiopeia and Amelia being among those clapping.

"Now you're clapping for the likes of him?" Pansy sneered. Cassiopeia really didn't understand her at many times.

"Look, if you don't want to clap him, then fine. But don't butt-in and annoy those who actually like the people or who are polite enough to clap for them." Cassiopeia harshly replied.

"Now, on a more disturbing note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic. Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban, until such a time when Sirius Black has been captured. The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds, now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures, they will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you, it is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. But, you know, happiness can always be found even at the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light." Professor Dumbledore finished. He then smiled. "Now, off to bed everyone."

There was then a collective move towards the exit of the Great Hall. Draco grabbed Cassiopeia's hand, as they made their way through the crowds.

"What electives are you taking this year?" Amelia asked the pair as they finally caught up.

"Care of Magical Creatures and Arithmancy." Draco told the girl. "What about you?"

"Care of Magical Creatures and Divination." Amelia replied. She then turned to the boys for an answer.

"Care of Magical Creatures and Study of Ancient Ruins." Theodore replied. She then turned to Blaise.

"Divination and Study of Ancient Ruins." Blaise answered.

"Care of Magical Creatures and Divination." Crabbe and Goyle replied in unison. She nodded and looked to Cassiopeia.

"A fair few." She replied, they looked to her in confusion.

"What do you mean 'a fair few'?" Amelia asked.

"I'm taking Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, Divination, Study of Ancient Ruins, and Muggle Studies." She replied.

"How can you take all of them?" Draco asked.

"Some of the classes clash." Blaise said. "I couldn't take Arithmancy because it clashed with Divination." They turned to her and waited for an answer.

"Oh, do you hear that? It's the sound of my bed calling for me, good night." Cassiopeia said quickly as they reached the common room. She planted a quick kiss on Draco's cheek and went to the girls' dorms.

"Well, that was-" Theodore started.

"Strange." Crabbe finished. The boys then made their own way to their beds.

When Cassiopeia got to the dorms, she was pleased to see that she wasn't sharing with Pansy, she wasn't sure what she had done wrong, but knew that she was annoyed with her. She looked at the list of names on the door, and saw she was sharing with Amelia and then two second years, Megan Wilder and Aria Mason. As she entered the two in the year below were talking on one of their beds, as she entered their attentions turned to her. With a smile they introduced each other.

"It's nice to meet you." Megan said to the older girl.

"You too." Cassiopeia replied. "I would love to stay up and chat, but my bed is calling me and classes are tomorrow."

"Night, Cassiopeia." Aria said, and the other returned the phrase.

-----***-----

They're not in the story much, but if you wanted face claims for Aria and Megan they are:

Thanks for reading

-Zoe