Year 3 - 19

Draco and Cassiopeia had been allowed to leave the Hospital Wing later that day, Madame Pomfrey having fixed their arm/shoulder well. Of course, Draco's arm was in a sling and Cassiopeia had a bandage around the top of her body for support, but it wasn't major damage. Or that's what Cassiopeia felt. Draco, however, was happy to over exaggerate about the pain his wound caused. The pair were currently sitting on the Slytherin table, but Pansy was all over Draco.

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" She asked him in a flirtatious voice.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. Madame Pomfrey said another minute or two and I could've lost my arm. I couldn't possibly do any homework for weeks." Draco replied, loving the attention. Cassiopeia rolled her eyes and stood from her spot, she then made her way down the table and sat with Theodore and Blaise. She grabbed a glass of water.

"You don't seem happy." Theodore commented.

"What gave it away?" She asked. But before he could reply Pansy spoke again.

"Well, Draco. If you needed me to carry your things or just be around for you, I'd be happy to." Pansy flirted. She felt the anger and the glass smashed in her hand. She looked to it in shock, and all those in the Great Hall turned to see what happened.

"I think that gives it away." Blaise said.

"Haha." She replied sarcastically.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus Finnigan shouted, coming over to the Golden Trio on the Gryffindor table.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Sirius Black!" He explained, bringing the newspaper for them to see.

"Duff Town? That's not far from here." Hermione said.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked.

"With Dementors at every entrance?" Another voice replied.

"Dementors. He's already got past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?" Seamus replied.

"That's right, Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." A negative Gryffindor said. Blaise and Theodore looked to Cassiopeia in worry.

"Don't worry. I'll only feel frightened when he's in these castle walls, you should feel the same way." Cassiopeia told them. "I'm going for a walk." With that she then stood up from the table and made her way from the hall. She walked aimlessly through the halls, and ended up at the end of a corridor, where there was a balcony looking over the Black Lake. She sighed and sat on the floor. She made a guitar appear, and she let her leg hang over the edge while she leant against the wall and started to play.

She sang softly, playing the guitar effortlessly. She was so consumed in the music that she didn't hear the footsteps come around the corner. Professor Snape and Professor Dumbledore had followed the girl, after she used her magic and smashed a glass, and now stood watching her sing. They listened in awe at the beautiful voice the girl had. The potions professor looked with love at his Goddaughter, he really cared for her and saw her as his own daughter. She sang the final line, and then grabbed a musical book from her bag. She incanted a spell that made the song appear on paper. She then grabbed the guitar, still unaware of her audience, and began to play a lighter tune.

"She's very good." Professor Dumbledore commented to his companion.

"She can play more than just the guitar." Professor Snape replies, not taking his eyes of the girl in front of them.

"How many instruments?" He asks.

"Six last time I asked, maybe seven now." Professor Snape replied. Cassiopeia then finished the song, Professor Snape walked towards her. "Well done." He compliments. Cassiopeia's head snapped to him.

"Oh, thanks." She replied, noticing the headmaster behind him.

"Did you want to talk about the smashed glass in the Great Hall?" He asked her.

"Let's just say, Pansy is trying to flirt with Draco, and he's loving the attention that I won't give to him because I know he's just faking. My shoulder was hurt worse than his arm, and I'm not threatening to have Hagrid fired or Buckbeak executed. I'm just living my life. 'Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive' -Matt Cameron." She replied.

"Well, let me give you some advice, Ms Reid." Professor Dumbledore said, walking over to her. He stood beside the other professor. "Mr Malfoy will threaten Hagrid's job and Buckbeak's life until there is a result in the threats, as will his father, and we can only hope that the result isn't too awful. But about Ms Parkinson, the only thing you can do is make sure that Mr Malfoy knows how you feel and make sure he understands what Ms Parkinson is trying to do. But don't make a spectacle, let it just be the two of you. Maybe sing him a song, that comes from the heart."

"Thank you, Sir." She replied. He smiled and nodded; he then made his way away from the pair.

"You should really show your skills to more people. You truly have a gift." Professor Snape said, gesturing to the guitar.

"I'm not very good at performing in front of people. Generally, if I perform in front of people, they're either my family or they walk in while I'm singing. I get so caught up in the music that I don't notice." Cassiopeia explained with a shrug.

"That makes sense. I think it's time you got to your classes." He replied.

"Thank you, Sir. I'll see you later." She replied, and then made the guitar disappear back to her dorm. She then made her way to her Herbology lesson. 

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

-Zoe